Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

3DOM2 ”Apebot version 2” demo running on the 3DO M2 - 1/26

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019

Was able to get this up and running recently. Took a bit as there were some incompatibilities between the executables and the versions of the folios / drivers in the folder, but with help it’s now running on real hardware!

I have seven more of these coming. Week 4 is a big one ;)

speedyink

Registered
May 31, 2019
Is there not a way to cleanly lay out all your videos? A new thread every video seems kinda...spammy or something.

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
maybe I'll condense them down...didnt see the change thread title feature

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019

Here is the first vid. I'll just add them to this thread as they go live and change the title and date

speedyink

Registered
May 31, 2019
Not trying to be a dick or anything, just keeps things cleaner is all. You know, streamline the experience ;)

Not to mentioned everyone sees your other videos as well when you post new ones, which newer members otherwise might not have seen by going through the pages

Reactions: Yakumo

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019

Starship- the first demo that ever ran on M2 during its development. People wanted to see it running 3D, so it was whipped up quickly to show the hardware running 3D. Took a while to get running again but it’s back!

pato

Registered
Jan 20, 2019
Nice stuff Awbacon, do you know anything of D2?

NikeX

Registered
Dec 15, 2019
Thanks for all you do Anthony. The biker file was not animated as I executed it on my M2 development system.
But the ships were flying.
Maybe with 3.1 it works better.
By the way, maybe you could also show the cave.utf (?). Maybe it also has some sort of animation.

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
I don't have the Cave UTF in my archive. If you email it to me I will see what I can do about getting it running

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
oh and it probably wasn't animated as it may have been using an outdated animation executable. Three exist that I know of

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
I got a PowerVR PCX2 card for my Windows 98 PC about a year ago, and while I was playing some of the exclusive PowerSGL games for that card, something that occurred to me is that a lot of those games have a look that's somewhat reminiscent of the M2. It's hard to explain, but a lot about the graphics seems similar between the two - at least for some games. Is that something that ever occurred to you? I think the PCX2 is probably a bit more powerful than the M2's GPU overall, though I've only used the PCX2 in Pentium 4-based PCs - so I can't say how it would've performed on a system from the same time as the PCX2. It makes sense that the PCX2 would be more powerful though - although it was a budget card, it came out a year later than the M2 console would've been released, which probably gave it an advantage. I might say more about this later.

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Thanks for all you do Anthony. The biker file was not animated as I executed it on my M2 development system.
But the ships were flying.
Maybe with 3.1 it works better.
By the way, maybe you could also show the cave.utf (?). Maybe it also has some sort of animation.
PowerVR PCX2

I checked some videos out and they are similar in graphical capabilities. Good amount of polygons, texture filtering, etc etc.

It's no surprise Cirrus almost released an M2 powered GPU. I have a video up on it on my channel. I've since let the card go to another collector but I had it in my possession long enough to do the video and test it out. Spoiler alert ; no drivers for the Bulldog GPU so it's just a conversation piece

Pazzard

Hi!
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
Haven't got anything to add, apart from it's fascinating that you are showing us some of the M2 stuff... I had an original 3D0, and that was only because my dad saw one in Tandy running The Hunt For Red October VCD on it, and was sold on it... Never really had any games for it though, just the 8-10 VCD's that were officially released in the UK.

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019

A totally different version of Apebot :)

Reactions: pato

Make a donation