• Hey, Guest!

XenForo 2.2 is coming soon, it's bringing many new features such as a PWA app for OG etc. It also comes with the drawback of more costs to update themes/some addons. It'll also remove access to some older browsers which'll suck but these shouldn't be used as their security sucks.

With the costs already looming we decided to improve OG's look with a new fancy theme that gives OG a more gamer feel. This has cost us only slightly more than it would have cost to renew the current theme and runs alot nicer.

You can beta test it here: Linky. (Please note only dark is live, light will come once issues are ironed out.)

If the current theme breaks on update we will end of life it, but we'll make something looking similar based on the default free theme so don't fret!

2 Official PS4 Controllers have drift , any advice?

s8n

AG Refugee
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
s8n
AG Join Date
hi members , i have 2 Official PS4 Controllers with similar problems. Quite simply the analogs are iffy and i'm not sure why , i'll explain below.

First Controller......the right analog stick drifts to the left even after cleaning the 'disc and sensor'. It feels fine to move the analog thumbstick , i'm not sure why it's still drifting after a clean.

Second Controller......the left analog drifts to the left , cleaned it also. What i can say about this particular analog is the thumbstick is a bit loose , i can jiggle a small amount and then it feels like it has tension after that. Seems there may be a loose spring inside the module?

last resort is buying replacements or buying broken controllers for the parts.

chat soon

spinksy

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
spinksy
AG Join Date
2009 ish?
There is a guide on YouTube I used to fix my sons ps4 controller that had this problem (his right stick used to almost constantly slowly look upwards).

Basically take the controller apart and you can unclip the little grey square bits on the analog stick, you then carefully bend them open and remove the little white plastic bit and clean it.

Type it into YouTube and you should find the video but its not to hard.

Reactions: s8n

s8n

AG Refugee
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
s8n
AG Join Date
hi spinksy , yes i have already tried cleaning the disc and sensor. Interestingly today i desoldered both of the analogs and inspected them , the shaft goes off slightly to one side on both. I did open up the ALPS one and nothing seems wrong internally or out of place , i don't know whats causing them to go to one side when assembled.