Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

2 Official PS4 Controllers have drift , any advice?

s8n

Original poster
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
s8n
AG Join Date
hi members , i have 2 Official PS4 Controllers with similar problems. Quite simply the analogs are iffy and i'm not sure why , i'll explain below.

First Controller......the right analog stick drifts to the left even after cleaning the 'disc and sensor'. It feels fine to move the analog thumbstick , i'm not sure why it's still drifting after a clean.

Second Controller......the left analog drifts to the left , cleaned it also. What i can say about this particular analog is the thumbstick is a bit loose , i can jiggle a small amount and then it feels like it has tension after that. Seems there may be a loose spring inside the module?

last resort is buying replacements or buying broken controllers for the parts.

chat soon

spinksy

Registered
Jul 14, 2020
AGName
spinksy
AG Join Date
2009 ish?
There is a guide on YouTube I used to fix my sons ps4 controller that had this problem (his right stick used to almost constantly slowly look upwards).

Basically take the controller apart and you can unclip the little grey square bits on the analog stick, you then carefully bend them open and remove the little white plastic bit and clean it.

Type it into YouTube and you should find the video but its not to hard.

Reactions: s8n

s8n

Original poster
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
s8n
AG Join Date
hi spinksy , yes i have already tried cleaning the disc and sensor. Interestingly today i desoldered both of the analogs and inspected them , the shaft goes off slightly to one side on both. I did open up the ALPS one and nothing seems wrong internally or out of place , i don't know whats causing them to go to one side when assembled.

clueless

Registered
Sep 5, 2019
AGName
snobgamergr
AG Join Date
29 August 2015
Two of my blue version 2 controllers had the exact same issue. The first was under warranty, so I got it replaced . The second was cheaply bought from ebay already knowing that it had issues with the left analogue stick. I tried cleaning the plastic disc then the metal disc , I even tried new plastic and metal discs altogether. Only after replacing the whole analogue stick fixed the issue

Make a donation