Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

20th Anniversary of.....Final Fantasy 8 AND NOTHING ELSE (Wink wink)

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
Right nothing else came out on 9/9/99 right? Absolutely nothing of note.
Yeah nothing else came out today other than one of the more hated Final Fantasy games.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.......

Reactions: FamilyGuy

esprade

Registered
Sep 7, 2019
AG Join Date
April 25th 2011
Lol one of the best consoles ever. Rip.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
Honestly I think the Dreamcast is overrated. That doesn't mean I hate it. But out of the 4 big ones, It's #3 infront of the master system but behind The Megasis and Saturn.

Arcadia

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia
I can understand Mega Drive, but the DC did everything Saturn did and better.

FamilyGuy

2049 Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
-=FamilyGuy=-
AG Join Date
March 3, 2007
The DC was the first time 3D looked proper. Anything before that aged terrilbly.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
I can understand Mega Drive, but the DC did everything Saturn did and better.

Saturn had more variety

The DC was the first time 3D looked proper. Anything before that aged terrilbly.

I have a soft spot for 3d fighters from before the Dreamcast. I just bought a shit ton of PS1 Japan only 3d fighters.

esprade

Registered
Sep 7, 2019
AG Join Date
April 25th 2011
Well I mostly play the DC for it's Naiomi games and arcade conversions so my pov is kind of biased, but in that regard the DC crapped on a lot of other consoles, plus a lot of it's stand alone games were amazing too.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
Except controllers. Dreamcast is a downgrade there.

SOmething both Retro Bit and Retro Fighters hope to fix soon.

Well I mostly play the DC for it's Naiomi games and arcade conversions so my pov is kind of biased, but in that regard the DC crapped on a lot of other consoles, plus a lot of it's stand alone games were amazing too.

To me it's the definitive way to play 3rd strike even with some graphical glitches. My most played Dreamcast game over the last decade or so has been Crazy Taxi. I can play it for hours trying to figure out how to traverse the entire map in a playthrough. Since the time limit almost never really has you in the city area.

Majima

Jun 9, 2019
FFVIII is my favourite in the series. Has its issues for sure but still, it was my first JRPG

That's not to say i dont love the DC either, even if i prefer the PS2 on a purely games basis (MGS2/3, DMC1-3, FFX, GTA, WWE/F Smackdown series)

Arcadia

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia
Except controllers. Dreamcast is a downgrade there.

Agreed. Which is strange, they could just have looked at Dual Shock and include both of those analog sticks and the DC would be near perfect. I understand N64 had one single analog stick, because there was no precedence, but DC has no excuse for its poor controller.

Like our papal friend said though, I have high hopes for the Retro Fighters DC controller.

esprade

Registered
Sep 7, 2019
AG Join Date
April 25th 2011
SOmething both Retro Bit and Retro Fighters hope to fix soon.

To me it's the definitive way to play 3rd strike even with some graphical glitches. My most played Dreamcast game over the last decade or so has been Crazy Taxi. I can play it for hours trying to figure out how to traverse the entire map in a playthrough. Since the time limit almost never really has you in the city area.
Well it's funny you mention that because an unreleased version of 3rd Strike is out there which is actually the arcade version A of 3rd Strike with the unblockables, instead of the nerfed version B like DC retail, so if you like playing 3rd Strike on DC definately check it out.

For me games like Marvel vs Capcom, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Capcom vs SNK 2, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Gigawing, Virtua Tennis, and all these kinds of games are all stellar ports, definately not the Sega console with the best name to its belt, but for sure one with the most potential, especially for arcade developers. I don't know, I just love it, it didn't quite live up to the AM3 in terms of ports but it has it's gold for sure.

Last edited:

Make a donation