Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

I would highly suggest dumping the HDD asap, NPDP's are prone to HDD failure and it would be a huge loss if it failed and also costly to recover.

Thank you for sharing this with us, I love to see this :D

Matthijs

Registered
Jun 5, 2019
AGName
Matthijscoman
AG Join Date
Mar 6, 2007
Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

I would highly suggest dumping the HDD asap, NPDP's are prone to HDD failure and it would be a huge loss if it failed and also costly to recover.
What's currently the easiest way to dump NPDP carts? I haven't kept up with the scene for awhile so I don't know of any other way than using Phantasy Star Online and the broadband adapter (which wouldn't work unless you have a cart with PSO) or (presumably) a working NPDP-SW/GW setup. Is any of the new homebrew solutions capable of starting some kind of exploit without booting anything from the HDD first?

What's currently the easiest way to dump NPDP carts? I haven't kept up with the scene for awhile so I don't know of any other way than using Phantasy Star Online and the broadband adapter (which wouldn't work unless you have a cart with PSO) or (presumably) a working NPDP-SW/GW setup. Is any of the new homebrew solutions capable of starting some kind of exploit without booting anything from the HDD first?

I'm not currently sure sadly, I think the best option as much as it pains me to say this, is to carefully remove stickers and raw dump the HDD. I fear heating the stickers to remove may melt them or damage the cart however. That and there's a glass tube inside you'll have to becareful with too incase it's cracked/shattered.

Xe

Donator
Donator
Registered
Sep 3, 2018
AG Join Date
Mar 23, 2012
like demon said, send ata master pwd and bitwise dump, using an ipl modded npdp reader might also work. do we have any way to boot swiss or a dumper without a dvd drive or npdp cart ?

edit: i was able to boot swiss on an npdp gdev over odem. but it appears that once the gdev boots swiss, only the odem is visible to swiss. inserting npdp carts and selecting slots does nothing, causes swiss to give a mounting error.

Matthijs

Registered
Jun 5, 2019
AGName
Matthijscoman
AG Join Date
Mar 6, 2007
I'm not currently sure sadly, I think the best option as much as it pains me to say this, is to carefully remove stickers and raw dump the HDD. I fear heating the stickers to remove may melt them or damage the cart however. That and there's a glass tube inside you'll have to becareful with too incase it's cracked/shattered.
Such a pain, was hoping to avoid that but I suppose it's better than risking to lose everything. I also remember that you could dump NR discs by hot swapping out the drive with a normal cube after having loaded whatever you used to dump the disc. I've never opened my NPDP reader so not sure if a regular optical drive would be plug and play, but maybe that's an option too?

i was able to boot swiss on an npdp gdev over odem. but it appears that once the gdev boots swiss, only the odem is visible to swiss. inserting npdp carts and selecting slots does nothing, causes swiss to give a mounting error.
Ah that's unfortunate :(

Reactions: seandc02

Make a donation