1. Panasonic FZ35

2. Konami M2- Arcade Unit

Greetings Mark

Awbacon

Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Here is your answer

FZ-35 - IMSA Racing / M2 Shooter Demo / Dolphin Demo (dolphin is not released, and I do not have) / Car dealer software / Driver Training software / VizHouse / other weird teaching software that I don't have and never look for lol

FZ-21S is an encrypted BIOS, so it WILL NOT play IMSA / SHOOTER DEMO. Really the FZ-21S is the most limited hardware of all, but it looks the coolest lol (still searching for one myself)

Konami boards - ONLY PLAY KONAMI RELEASED GAMES. WILL NOT BOOT OTHER KIOSK SOFTWARE. BIOS TOO INCOMPATIBLE.

Tobe! Polystars - only has 4MB ram installed, so ONLY plays Polystars

Total Vice - uses older REV 1 bios - will play Tobe! Polystars if disc data is modified in HEX, plays Total Vice (obviously)

BIOS REV 2 boards (Evil Night, Heat of Eleven 98, Battle Tryst) will play all three games. You need to hex edit discs and reflash the RTC chip to swap discs. So if you have a Battle Tryst board, it will natively run Tryst, and you can hex edit and flash the RTC for it to run the other two games)

REV 2 boards can have the bios swapped for a REV 1 bios and it will boot Total Vice and Polystars. You CANNOT bios swap a Total Vice to play REV 2 bios games, as it does not have an RTC chip installed.

I am working on modifying the RTC chip checks out of the games, but its WIP right now.

Sorry for the caps. Just wanted to emphasize how firm the answers are. I've tried booting games and software across all different hardware sku's and it's a no go.

Reactions: Getta Robo

3DO-M2Fan

Original poster
Jun 29, 2019
SteveO and Awbacon : Thank you for your answers.
I had bid in the last years at ebay when there was selled M2-Hardware ( FZ-21 abd FZ35). But I never received the Objects.

But when I read the answer from Awbacon...then I must say...maybe I will buy or bid for a Konami board.

Thank you!!!

Greetings Mark

Awbacon

Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
SteveO and Awbacon : Thank you for your answers.
I had bid in the last years at ebay when there was selled M2-Hardware ( FZ-21 abd FZ35). But I never received the Objects.

But when I read the answer from Awbacon...then I must say...maybe I will buy or bid for a Konami board.

Thank you!!!

Greetings Mark

If you want to play real games, Konami arcade is way to go.

There’s a Polystars for sale on Tops Japan right now. About $900

Make a donation