N64 64Drive Orders 2019 without currently arriving

N64Forever

Original poster
Feb 10, 2020
AGName
I had no user
AG Join Date
I had no user but had been entering the forum for years
Hello Community, first of all I am new to the forum and many days have passed but I congratulate you for the new year, ¡it is never too late! Jejejeje
I hope you are started the year well.

On March day 17, 2019 I bought the 64Drive and the UltraSave in Retroactive.be, official site of Marshalh and currently my order has not arrived.
I have tried to contact Marshallh via email: [email protected] that appears on his website, and as he indicates, that email address is supposedly to check orders. After sending two emails, one on December day 12, 2019 and another on January day 3 of this year, and has not yet responded.

Anyone else in my situation who has placed an order and tried to contact Marshallh and has not responded?

Thanks guys

Regards!!

EDIT: I just sent another email to [email protected] that also appears on the official Marshallh website.
I hope to get lucky

POSTSCRIPT: I am Spanish and I am not very good at English, so I am using the Google translator, I hope you understand me ?

Last edited:

bond.san

Registered
Jun 30, 2019
AGName
bond.san
AG Join Date
06/25/14

Greg2600

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
Welcome. Wow, I haven't read the name 64Drive in years now, surprised he's still selling them. The responses there are lousy. The guy probably gets an order or two per month or whatever, nobody is so busy they can't even respond to an email from someone who bought something.

DetailFree

Jun 26, 2019
Yeah, I've been wanting to purchase a 64Drive HW2 and UltraHDMI but he is notoriously slow. A year seems to be too much without contact. I've tried contacting the email as well with no success. If anyone gets in contact with him, or find out if he is alive, please let me know lol.

Reactions: cta

cta

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
You know there's a problem with your business practice if your customers are asking wether you're even still alive...

Reactions: Traace

Tongara

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
Tongara
AG Join Date
Sep 23, 2009
After a few months with 0 response and/or product I would have been demanding a refund. And if it were a PayPal payment, I would have made sure I got it.

Not sure why you waited 9+ months with no contact before deciding to look into it, but yeah. Allowing people to have your money without a product for such a long period of time leads to them thinking that is an acceptable thing to do, when it's not.

Last edited:

Goemon

Registered
Feb 15, 2020
AGName
Goemon
AG Join Date
Marshallh is a very talented guy but I was wondering myself whats up with that 64Drive orders.
I wanted to order a 64drive last week and found out about the huge delays. That is a real pitty. Waiting for 4 months or even much longer makes no real sense.
The Everdrive is good but I really wanted to buy a 64Drive because it is the most compatible and well developed device.
Now it seems I have to go for a Everdrive :(

Greg2600

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
The Everdrive is good but I really wanted to buy a 64Drive because it is the most compatible and well developed device.

The ED64 V3/X7 is I'd say pretty well developed at this point. I'm just using it to play games, but as far as I know it's compatible with practically everything including Alec64 and 64DD.

PS: Welcome here from AG.

Trimesh

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Trimesh
AG Join Date
Jul 4, 2008
Marshallh is a very talented guy but I was wondering myself whats up with that 64Drive orders.
I wanted to order a 64drive last week and found out about the huge delays. That is a real pitty. Waiting for 4 months or even much longer makes no real sense.

I've got a 64Drive, and I'm in the situation where although I would have absolutely no qualms about recommending it on a technical basis (it really is an excellent product), it's very hard to actually recommend it because the customer service (and especially the way Marshall handles communications) makes it a very bad bet for anyone that doesn't have an extreme tolerance for frustration.

Goemon

Registered
Feb 15, 2020
AGName
Goemon
AG Join Date
@Greg2600 that is good to hear.
Since the 64drive seems out of the question now, the X7 would be my next choice.
How does it handle Gameshark Codes? Back on the AG Forum I made a big list of those VI codes (which are in the backup here) and I like to use them.

Last edited:

N64Forever

Original poster
Feb 10, 2020
AGName
I had no user
AG Join Date
Hello guys, thanks for all your comments, I've been busy all these days.

Thank you for sharing an old AsemblerGames thread, I hope that at least the companion @Paolo has been able to obtain it.
Do you know if you are registered here? I could contact him and ask him how he did in the end.

Welcome. Wow, I haven't read the name 64Drive in years now, surprised he's still selling them. The responses there are lousy. The guy probably gets an order or two per month or whatever, nobody is so busy they can't even respond to an email from someone who bought something.
Thanks for the welcome
That's what I think, Marshall has a lot of work and many customers waiting, but less than when he bought two of his products on his website, he gets an answer and more after almost a year of waiting. There is no one in the whole world who is so busy that they cannot answer the emails of their customers who have bought a product of theirs.
I guess and I understand that many people write to you, but at least I could respond to those we have already bought and the order has not yet arrived, that is the minimum, take care of their customers, but I think he personally gives him a little the same

After a few months with 0 response and/or product I would have been demanding a refund. And if it were a PayPal payment, I would have made sure I got it.

Not sure why you waited 9+ months with no contact before deciding to look into it, but yeah. Allowing people to have your money without a product for such a long period of time leads to them thinking that is an acceptable thing to do, when it's not.
I also previously ordered an UltraHDMI N64 Kit and it took a long time to arrive because there was a lot of demand and that is why I had so much time contact him, it as because a long time.

Marshall himself did not sell them directly from his website, he was purchased through https://www.game-tech.us/ and on that website if there were order updates. So there are no more problems, I should do it, I think.
On his website he does not have Paypal, because he surely does not want to take commissions from his sales. Who would think this was going to happen? For now I still believe in Marshall, but the situation is frustrating.

POSDATA: I say again that I am Spanish and I don't know much English, so I am using the Google translator. I hope you continue to understand me! ? ?

Regards!

Last edited:
Reactions: bond.san

Greg2600

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
@Greg2600 that is good to hear.
Since the 64drive seems out of the question now, the X7 would be my next choice.
How does it handle Gameshark Codes? Back on the AG Forum I made a big list of those VI codes (which are in the backup here) and I like to use them.

There's been a menu for many years like this.

everdrive-64-gameshark-cheats-menu.jpg

You can also use TXT files

N64Forever

Original poster
Feb 10, 2020
AGName
I had no user
AG Join Date
Hello everybody. Although it is already a bit late, ¡Happy New Year everyone!

Since I wrote this thread last year, a year has passed and Marshallh is still not giving an update on his website. Next month, in March it will be two years since I placed my order.

The worst thing is that I have sent him many e-mails, private messages in forums, also in his own forum (Retroactive.be) and I have opened this thread here in Obscuregamers and another thread also in his own forum http://retroactive.be/forum/viewtop...00&sid=55c3aa42f2a12b64cb07c1d24b5c23af#p1000 and it does not show signs of life, I know that he is active on Discord channel 64Brew and I have also sent him direct messages and he does not respond, the only thing and the only bullet that I have left is to write in the 64Brew group chat and respectfully put the red face on him to see if we can get something out positive. Personally, I think he's a tough face and a scoundrel, with all due respect but I feel cheated.

Has anyone been able to contact him or know something of this type?

I have found out that he has been making a second version of UltraHDMI and is selling them in forums in large orders and meanwhile those of us who made an order 2 years ago on his own website, we are waiting, at least for him to make a refund, but I doubt it will happen. Do you see this normal? That is being a bad person and not very human with others, he is laughing at me and at many people who surely have also had the same thing that happened to me, this has no forgiveness from God.

The forum of his website there has been inactivity for almost a year, but he is still paying for his server, because his website and the forum work, but he is not able to show his face and sell his products on his website nor publish in his forum so that we do not say anything to him and meanwhile he is making money because his products are sold in very hidden forums.
This guy is a scoundrel!

As long as things don't change on his part and he doesn't do the opposite ... With all due respect :

He is a thief! Do not buy anything from this guy who is a bad and cold person! He has no affection or empathy for others! He's a scammer!

¡PLEASE PUBLISH IT AND SPREAD IT ON ALL THE SOCIAL NETWORKS AND FORUMS YOU CAN SO THAT EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT KIND OF PERSON IS MARSHALLH AND THAT HE DOESNT CHEAT ANYONE MORE!

Sorry, but I have exploded.

Last edited:

Greg2600

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
That's terrible. Unfortunately I think you've probably been long since scammed. Beyond this thread, I never, repeat, never see Marshall or any of his products being discussed. He has been usurped by countless designers who have produced far better products at regular intervals with newer features at much lower prices. So as I said a year ago, he's completely irrelevant and I would remain astonished that anyone would support any product coming from him now.

Trimesh

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Trimesh
AG Join Date
Jul 4, 2008
I have a 64 Drive and IMO it's a good product - but frankly Marshall's communications skills have always been appalling. When I ordered mine, there was basically zero communications from him and it just turned up about 2 months later - I didn't even get a shipment notification, just the package.

It works well, and it's nicely made, but the whole experience made me resistant to ever ordering anything from him again.

Jackhammer

Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Jackhammer
AG Join Date
July 14th 2008
Even if Marshall doesn't respond to emails, the least he could do is update his website to say any orders taken are being processed. He should get help if he doesn't have the time or energy to fill orders.

Edit: Guess I should read Marshall's site before passing comment...

Orders are temporarily on hold (2019-May-19)
Because of the large number of pending orders over the past few months I've decided to put things on hold so I can catch up.
Hope to have things back open in a month or so.

About outstanding orders (2019-May-19):
I've barely had any time to send out orders. Because it's pretty time consuming to mod each donor case for fitment I am moving to injection molding
New orders are on hold so I can catch up on existing ones (there are a lot!)

Again, I apologize again for the delay as well as the site flakiness. My host migrated to a new platform and I lost much of the emails on the old support account. When I get a few spare hours scraped together I will move everything onto Dreamhost.
As I ship older orders I will email to confirm your shipping address is still current.

If you have questions on your order, can't wait for a refund or need to change the shipping address, I've set up a temporary address -
hello_spammers2018.png

Thanks for all your support and I will get all these orders sorted soon as possible. - Marshall

May 2019 is still a long time ago for an update.

Last edited:

mistamontiel

Jun 5, 2019
www.youtube.com
AGName
mistamontiel
AG Join Date
Jun 22, 2016
He is in N64brew Discord? What's his damn user

I feel so bad how my dad got me the v1 64drive with no issue and he even went on to say Gameshark will be on it 'yup next menu' and now a thief

Greg2600

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
Even if Marshall doesn't respond to emails, the least he could do is update his website to say any orders taken are being processed. He should get help if he doesn't have the time or energy to fill orders.

Edit: Guess I should read Marshall's site before passing comment...

May 2019 is still a long time ago for an update.

May 2019 and he has THAT many orders outstanding? I truly don't understand why anyone would buy his over an Everdrive 64 which runs everything and then some.

Make a donation