HaloSlayer255

Original poster
Jul 4, 2019
AGName
HaloSlayer255
AG Join Date
Jun 27, 2013
Hello all,

Does anyone know what connector can be used to replace the fan connector on a ps2 fat console fan?
20210325_184635.jpg

These are 5000x fans if it matters.

I was able to clear out the fan socket on the mainboard very carefully with precision tweezers.

I have a bunch of other fans from what appears to be 3000x and 3900x series consoles. I like the 5000x though cause it's quieter.

Also does anyone know what headers can be used to fit a ps1 modchip to the outside of a console and I can just swap chips to test each.

I saw something similar a few years ago but the forum post is long gone, might have been theisozone. Picture attached of the adapter boards in question.
20210325_184120.jpg

I accidentally ordered the msop form factor when I was attempting to build some comsoft fixes but I figure I might as well put these to use eventually.

Thanks in advance and have a good day,

HaloSlayer255

segasonicfan

Registered
Jun 8, 2019
AGName
segasonicfan
AG Join Date
Sept 23, 2011
Hello all,

Does anyone know what connector can be used to replace the fan connector on a ps2 fat console fan?
View attachment 10815

These are 5000x fans if it matters.

I was able to clear out the fan socket on the mainboard very carefully with precision tweezers.

I have a bunch of other fans from what appears to be 3000x and 3900x series consoles. I like the 5000x though cause it's quieter.

Also does anyone know what headers can be used to fit a ps1 modchip to the outside of a console and I can just swap chips to test each.

I saw something similar a few years ago but the forum post is long gone, might have been theisozone. Picture attached of the adapter boards in question.
View attachment 10816
the pic above is a MSOP > DIP 8 adapter.
MSOP is the 8 pin equivalent of TSSOP, 0.65mm pitch (printed on the board there).
Is thst what youre looking for?

Re: fan, I would need a pic of the stock connector to help. Usually 2.54mm or 2mm pitch JST connecotr or Molex are used
I accidentally ordered the msop form factor when I was attempting to build some comsoft fixes but I figure I might as well put these to use eventually.

Thanks in advance and have a good day,

HaloSlayer255
e

HaloSlayer255

Original poster
Jul 4, 2019
AGName
HaloSlayer255
AG Join Date
Jun 27, 2013
Thank you for the reply segasonicfan,

Anyways I was able to make a test jig for the chips.

As per this picture:
20210429_224729.jpg
Left gets soldered to the motherboard and routed out of the case, right is the modchip (I have some in PIC form factor I'll make another jig for) and right is a adapter that has been lightly soldered to secure the connections as a testing lead. Kinda like wire wraps and pin header leads.

As for the fan connector this is the stock connector from another fan.

As per this picture:
20210429_224638.jpg

Thanks again for the reply and have a good day! Hope you are staying healthy and safe in these times.

HaloSlayer255

Make a donation