Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

A goldmine for Saturn/32X prototype enthusiasts surfaces...

the_androgyne

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
A while ago i found some footage of Tokyo Toy Show '94 that has some of the same stuff, in colour:

The Hornet driving over the textured Sega floor starts around 13:50, and a stage show with Yu Suzuki demonstrating VF starts around 36:50.

Yakumo ... one of these days you have to do a Retrocore video dedicated to the story of how you know so much from the old days! I vaguely recall bits and pieces from your old segagagadomain site and stuff you've mentioned in videos here and there ... was it that you had a brother in the industry or something? I think I read something like that in an ancient thread somewhere discussing VF3 for Saturn. That's still the holy grail i wish would be found, or at least if Yu Suzuki could open up about it for once! It's painful watching all his Shenmue 3 interviews recently, where someone could have asked about it but didn't!

Tongara

Donator
Donator
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Tongara
AG Join Date
Sep 23, 2009
A while ago i found some footage of Tokyo Toy Show '94 that has some of the same stuff, in colour:

Ah yes, this is where some of the Clockwork Knight footage I posted on the previous page comes from. Great video~

There is also some cool footage from the same event in this video here (14:09 - 15:59)

Both Virtua Fighter and Daytona are featured.

Last edited:

Yakumo

Registered
Registered
Reaction score

The Hornet driving over the textured Sega floor starts around 13:50, and a stage show with Yu Suzuki demonstrating VF starts around 36:50.

Yakumo ... one of these days you have to do a Retrocore video dedicated to the story of how you know so much from the old days! I vaguely recall bits and pieces from your old segagagadomain site and stuff you've mentioned in videos here and there ... was it that you had a brother in the industry or something? I think I read something like that in an ancient thread somewhere discussing VF3 for Saturn. That's still the holy grail i wish would be found, or at least if Yu Suzuki could open up about it for once! It's painful watching all his Shenmue 3 interviews recently, where someone could have asked about it but didn't!
I knew a lot of people who were attached to Sega plus my brother did work in the industry at the time. While I never had any actual demo discs I did get loads of exclusive in development footage of games. I've never seen anyone else showing magical Knight rayearth running on a PC dev Station or battle monsters when it was called Van Battle. I even have footage of a very early build of Gran Chacer which has no textures on any of the cars plus a very odd camera angle.
So many early footage from the early days of the Saturn. If only I still had these VHS tapes. I'm sure I gave them away when moving to Japan.

Deckard

Registered
Registered
Reaction score

Wooooooooow this video is amazing!!!! I always wanted to see the Saturn press release in Japan, thank you so much!!!!

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6