Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

A slightly bigger puzzle than usual... Sony DTL-T10000 repair (hopefully)

hermesconrad

Donator
Original poster
Staff member
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 12, 2019
Donations
£14.47
AGName
hermesconrad
AG Join Date
11/july/2019

noxor

Jan 29, 2022
Hey, it's still on git, I removed the link cause I'm in the process of moving them to another git account, I'll pm u
Hey @hermesconrad I just got my hands on a DHL destroyed DTL T10000H. Would you be willing to share this amazing work? I have a XL Resin printer I’d love to try it out on.

Cheers,
Ian

hermesconrad

Donator
Original poster
Staff member
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 12, 2019
Donations
£14.47
AGName
hermesconrad
AG Join Date
11/july/2019
S
Hey @hermesconrad I just got my hands on a DHL destroyed DTL T10000H. Would you be willing to share this amazing work? I have a XL Resin printer I’d love to try it out on.

Cheers,
Ian
Sure I'll ping u the link

wisi

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
AGName
wisi
AG Join Date
Apr 16, 2016
@noxor
It is advisable that you back-up both TOOL HDDs and Flash ROM (both TOOL and WS mode) before you use the TOOL (full image backup). The HDDs and Flash ROMs sometimes have some remains of deleted files used for testing and development which are sometimes very valuable. For example DTL-T15000 has had FPGA configurations found this way, and DTL-T10000 had remains of early PS1DRV calling in ROM and install packages on HDD.
I myself am also interested in such HDD and ROM images for that reason in case you want to share them.

hermesconrad

Donator
Original poster
Staff member
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 12, 2019
Donations
£14.47
AGName
hermesconrad
AG Join Date
11/july/2019
@noxor
It is advisable that you back-up both TOOL HDDs and Flash ROM (both TOOL and WS mode) before you use the TOOL (full image backup). The HDDs and Flash ROMs sometimes have some remains of deleted files used for testing and development which are sometimes very valuable. For example DTL-T15000 has had FPGA configurations found this way, and DTL-T10000 had remains of early PS1DRV calling in ROM and install packages on HDD.
I myself am also interested in such HDD and ROM images for that reason in case you want to share them.
I've got another damaged tool that is unopened and unused, should have those drives imaged soon, il send them by your way

Reactions: wisi

noxor

Jan 29, 2022
Sadly my DTL-T10000 was in rough shape and the drives were removed prior to it's retirement. I've brought her back to life with dumps from this site. (Thank you!) - I will say I used CF - IDE adapters and they worked perfectly.

I also want to give extra praise to @hermesconrad for his DTL - 3d printer designs. It's going to take a lot of material to print but I hope to have it on display later this spring.

hermesconrad

Donator
Original poster
Staff member
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 12, 2019
Donations
£14.47
AGName
hermesconrad
AG Join Date
11/july/2019
Sadly my DTL-T10000 was in rough shape and the drives were removed prior to it's retirement. I've brought her back to life with dumps from this site. (Thank you!) - I will say I used CF - IDE adapters and they worked perfectly.

I also want to give extra praise to @hermesconrad for his DTL - 3d printer designs. It's going to take a lot of material to print but I hope to have it on display later this spring.
No worries happy to provide them just A note though, the front peice where the power buttons mount is still slightly incomplete, I needed a kit that had that part intact to finish modelling it, ive got that part now will try finish it off for you soon

noxor

Jan 29, 2022
No worries happy to provide them just A note though, the front peice where the power buttons mount is still slightly incomplete, I needed a kit that had that part intact to finish modelling it, ive got that part now will try finish it off for you soon
Funny enough that's the one piece from my kit that didn't need replacing. I'd still love to get a final from you to have a matching plastics. I would like to talk to whoever selected the materials for the DTL at Sony 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: hermesconrad

hermesconrad

Donator
Original poster
Staff member
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 12, 2019
Donations
£14.47
AGName
hermesconrad
AG Join Date
11/july/2019
Funny enough that's the one piece from my kit that didn't need replacing. I'd still love to get a final from you to have a matching plastics. I would like to talk to whoever selected the materials for the DTL at Sony 🤦‍♂️
Yeh I've reprinted the top mohawk and the rear io panels and theyve been perfect fit, also marries up with the front peice pretty cleanly, havnt attempted side panels yet.

One thing to note tho, I modelled it 1:1, I tried to replicate all ribbing and mounts as exact as possible, I still want to go back and make thr mounting points thicker specifically for 3d printing as the existing mounts might be a bit too weak

hermesconrad

Donator
Original poster
Staff member
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 12, 2019
Donations
£14.47
AGName
hermesconrad
AG Join Date
11/july/2019
attached links to the 3d models again on the first post if anyone's looking, cheers

Reactions: T_chan

Make a donation