Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Gameboi64
AG Join Date
Jan 30, 2015
I've been out of the reviewer's chair for a while, as I really only came back to do two reviews in the past four months.

I won't lie when I say that looking at my Wolfchild review, I feel it was rushed mostly because I didn't take enough time to talk bout every port and I kinda shambled it together and put it out there to be read. In the event that I remove it, here's some archived links to it.

The Pokemon Emerald review took a good amount of time for me to write, and it was more plot-centric than anything else. I didn't really talk about the gameplay too much, which I should have as not everyone plays pokemon and knows what the gameplay is like. Granted though, dumbing it down could have had the inverse effect. There's a good balance that I didn't think of at the time mainly because I was a bit too eager to write and it and release it.

The Pokemon Adventures/Pokemon Special review was out of nowhere and really was more of an excuse for me to expose it to more people, even if the only people that would end up reading the actual manga would be people that are huge fans, and reading the plot synopsis was good enough for them. It wasn't bad, even if I may have missed a few things here and there, and I don't feel like it was rushed like a few others may have been. I liked how it turned out, even if it was really, really long. Some people liked it though, which is a good thing in my book. How many people read to the end I don't know, but I congratulate you on that.

The Sonic CD review was more of a rant than a review and it was me being frustrated at people that act like "lol this game is garbage" and just highlight the negative things and spin positive things in a more negative light. It did bring up a bunch of things that I hadn't mentioned previously and was an addendum, just not a very mild-mannered one.

I plan on doing more reviews this year, Starting with today. Sooner than later, I will have a new review for the day posted and you can read it. Or maybe tomorrow if when I make this initial post it goes into the next day.

See you then.

Gameboi64

Resident game "reviewer"
Original poster
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Gameboi64
AG Join Date
Jan 30, 2015
I guess it's time to bump this thread, seeing as I've been out basically for the whole month. Before you ask, no, it's not been me down with the virus, but more of a lack of what I should do next. At the beginning of the site's resurrection, I was doing polls so I could keep it up and have reviews every Friday, but I haven't been doing that much as of recently, obviously.

As March came to a close, I felt less and less of a drive to write more reviews. Granted, writing these may not be draining, and they aren't all that much, but I don't always feel the drive to write reviews. March being "Doom Month" was more of a way for me to push myself to write more. My 2016 Review was ok, but I definitely felt less and less effort to write it as I finished, even if I did still need to finish it.

I also want to make mention of how I want to let you all know that the jokes that may seem like they're a little and evoke roaring laughter, such as me making jabs at Quake 4 in my 2016 review was meant to be a lot more than a little bit, but I cut it out. Quake 4's review will come at some date, but I'm not sure when. It's mostly because when I play it, it feels boring and generic, undoubtedly in vast contrast to Quake, which still stands as one of my favorite FPS games period.

Consider that a preview to it, but don't expect it anytime soon. I want to finish it before I tell you all why I feel the way I do about it, but finishing something requires it to be started in the first place.

That in general has been a problem with me recently, starting games and not finishing them, which is another factor as to why I haven't written anything recently. I've started games but never finished them, or only played a bit. I've had multiple ideas float around in my mind, and I won't give any in particular that I want to do away just yet. Sometimes though, I think about a game I've played and want to review, but when I sit down to write, I don't write it, or I have a case of writer's block and then just give up.

I hope to have new material this week, if you still read my reviews. And if you don't, I'm hoping now will be a good time to restart. I want to put them out consistently, but not having any of my backlog left to put up is frustrating, since I wish I had something to basically "fill the time" between one full review and another.

Until then,

Gameboi64

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
Your reviews are good, you should keep doing it. I can sympathize with your lack of motivation, as I have a similar problem with multiple projects I've been meaning to work on.

Make a donation