PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
Assembler had a large number of XBOX fans. So why not continue the love here.

I came to a realization the One X is basically a modern FM Towns Marty, it doesn't really have exclusives as most of it's games are shared with other platforms, but the best versions of those games are on it. Been playing Samurai Shodown and Bloodstained on my One X and enjoying both. Shodown sadly doesn't have any X enhancements and load times are LONG.

I'm still buying 360 games as I'm trying to rebuild a collection after jumping to PS3 in 2013 and I'm going to get an Original XBOX, I'd like to mod it for longevity if not anything else.

Reactions: pato

blueshogun96

Jul 2, 2019
AGName
blueshogun96
AG Join Date
July 29th, 2010
Collecting OG Xbox games from Japan and Europe. Many games that weren't released in the US, some of which are exclusive and not easy to come by. I have my Xbox One (Durango), but I don't use it much outside of dev mode.

A thread like this would be a breath of fresh air from the "PC master race derp de derp duuuuurrrrrrr, you're a console peasant" that won't let me enjoy a console game in peace.

Shogun

pato

Registered
Jan 20, 2019
Love the Backwards feature of the Xbox One, and games run even better on X, not to mention its aditional features inherited from S, such as Freesync up to 1440p, still have to try out the 4K player though.

Some games are gets more expensive due to the BC though, but you can also find available on the Live Marketplace (sadly a lot is missing in Brazil).

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
Panzer Dragoon Orta on the X is legit. most of the games I have on my X are 360 games.
Next XBOX is backward compatible too, hopefully they continue with 360 and Original on the next XBOX.

But my 2005 Component only 360 is still working like a champ.

Vindios

Donator
Donator
Jun 7, 2019
Donations
£20.00
AGName
Vindios
AG Join Date
Apr 12, 2019
Panzer Dragoon Orta on the X is legit. most of the games I have on my X are 360 games.
Next XBOX is backward compatible too, hopefully they continue with 360 and Original on the next XBOX.

But my 2005 Component only 360 is still working like a champ.
I'm the same way with my X, a lot of the games I find my self playing are 360 or original games. Very few of the new releases catch my eye now a days.

Last edited:

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
I love LOVE LOVE Forza.
Entire Horizon Series on my One X.
I've been taking the slow burn through Mortorsport 7.

Recore is a hidden gem... most of the "exclusives" are hidden gems.

dj898

Jun 1, 2019
what.is.it.
AGName
dj898
AG Join Date
with my Tekki controller, Videochat, HALO edition OG Xbox, hand down Denon AVR, speakers, old single desk. only thing I need is the comfy chair on the swivel to complete my Steel Battalion pod :p

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
I need an OG Xbox, hooking it up for the best picture won't be the pain Dreamcast is

Chaotic Mind

AG Refugee Retro Brony
Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
sonicdude10
AG Join Date
Jan 17, 2012
I was big in the OG Xbox scene back in 2012 to around 2015 or so. I have since moved on. Skipped the 360 and went straight to Xbox One. On my Second X console now. Just got done doing a 2TB HDD swap and replacing that god awful stock thermal paste with a relic I have from the past. Coolaboratory Liquid Metal Pad. Found I still have a few of those kicking around so one went on my "new" Xbox One X. Now I'm waiting for the 500GB of games and apps to install on it. I even have that dev mode UWP loader program to load unlicensed code on it if I want to.

Pro tip. The cooling problems One X has? Don't bother doing the fan voltage mod. It's the thermal grease. Stock is terrible. Replace it with something like Arctic Silver 5 or like I did on my first X, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
My One X runs pretty cool. MUCH cooler than my 2nd gen PS4 does, I swear you could fry an egg on that thing.

blueshogun96

Jul 2, 2019
AGName
blueshogun96
AG Join Date
July 29th, 2010
I find Xbox One's backwards compatibility to be quite disappointing so far (for OG Xbox titles). So few games supported, and even though my Japanese import of the game Blinx worked fine, the aspect ratio didn't match the settings for my TV. So it's stuck in 4:3. So far I'd rather play OG Xbox games on a real OG Xbox.

Shogun

pato

Registered
Jan 20, 2019
My One X runs pretty cool. MUCH cooler than my 2nd gen PS4 does, I swear you could fry an egg on that thing.

My X is so damn quiet that I can't even notice it, when I've turned the PS4 after two years, it sounded like a jet, especially when running games.

pato

Registered
Jan 20, 2019
MY GOD WHAT THE HELL, IS THIS A MIRACLE OR SOMETHING?

EAu2XAVUwAIaik1

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
Sweet merciful crap that's an amazing line up. I have all the Horizon games and Forza 7 but not 6. Forza is the reason I have an Xbox

Not a huge Gears fan but I'll give 4 a go. Lords of Shadow is underrated

Chaotic Mind

AG Refugee Retro Brony
Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
sonicdude10
AG Join Date
Jan 17, 2012
I'm hooked on Forza Horizon 4 right now. Lmao

pato

Registered
Jan 20, 2019
We just got an extra game in Brazil, Castlevania SOTN which wasn't previously available, was replaced with The Maw and generated lots of complaints as we had it once (replaced Dragon Age 2), very good that they listened to it.

Sweet merciful crap that's an amazing line up. I have all the Horizon games and Forza 7 but not 6. Forza is the reason I have an Xbox

Not a huge Gears fan but I'll give 4 a go. Lords of Shadow is underrated

Apparently there was some kind of in-fighting in the community regarding which was the best one, some say Forza 6 due to its multiplayer, not having Auction House and class based singleplayer, others says 7 for its gameplay and tracks.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
Graphically 7 is the XBOX One X show piece. I can't say much else about 6 until I play it.

If I was going to rank the Horizon games....

3 doesn't have the smooth framerate of 4 But it still has the sense of speed, and Australia is a more interesting locale.

Arcadia

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia
It feels like 360 backwards compatibility has halted, or am I wrong?

Make a donation