Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Any info on the Katakis 3D proto lately?

Starlord

Original poster
Dec 28, 2019
AGName
Starlord
Hello to all:

I was surprised to see this lately, but it seems the auction was lately pulled.

Does anyone know where it ended up? If it could be preserved I for one would be a happy camper.

For those not knowing, Katakis 3D is an unreleased game by master programmer Manfred Trenz of turrican fame for the game boy color. The game is groundbreaking on the hardware and can be seen here:

Any info would be appreciated.

Best.

lol

Dec 3, 2019
Perhaps you could contact this 'Manfred Trenz' person in regards to it?

Starlord

Original poster
Dec 28, 2019
AGName
Starlord
That was attempted several years ago by me as well as others previously: Mr Trenz is notable at avoiding interviews. The contacts I had with factor 5 staff did mention that they will not revisit the game. Story is that the game was complete but a publishing deal with Nintendo fell through while they were in talks, so no one knows who has the rights or has the required time to find out.

A pity too, as i’m sure many retro gamers would love this game to be released today (it’s a growing trend right now). I know i’d be happy and through the money for a retro like cart.

However this proto does exist somewhere, and barring an official release of the game, that’s all we have now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Getta Robo

Starlord

Original poster
Dec 28, 2019
AGName
Starlord
As in pushing the GBC hardware pretty much to its limits: the title is a sprite based « 3D » rail shooter, very similar to the later iridion 3D for the game boy advance.

Reactions: XBOX

Starlord

Original poster
Dec 28, 2019
AGName
Starlord
So maybe we could try this another way:

the previous owner of the cart was a known collector known as steven78.

did anyone in the community have past dealings with him And still maintained contact? If so, I’d be interested in having his contact info. This way I could find out who owns the cart now.

thanks in advance.

best

Starlord

Original poster
Dec 28, 2019
AGName
Starlord
Yes, I saw than, except I’d prefer a bit more discretion so that option was the last I was contemplating.

still, if there are no alternatives...

Make a donation