Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Any method to play older ios games on newer devices?

Hawanja

Original poster
Registered
Aug 3, 2019
AGName
Hawanja
AG Join Date
March 14, 2004
Hello folks. Short of buying an older iphone or something, is there a way to play older unsupported ios games on newer devices? Any kinds of tweaks, emulators, anything like that?

Reactions: Pingui

Pingui

Oct 12, 2020
AGName
Pingui-
AG Join Date
12 October 2020
I think no, because the new iPhone/iPad/iPod are 64 bit and the older games are 32 bit.
The only way would be to use xcode on macOS and edit the app and then export it to 64 bit, but i don't know anything about macOS.

Arcadia

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia
How about emulators?

BomberDino

Registered
Aug 23, 2020
AGName
BomberDino
I just asked this question on RacketBoy because I'm trying to play Shadowrun Returns on iOS. Here's what I found out so far.

If you already downloaded Shadowrun Returns with your iTunes account back when it was available, you can still download it with that same account on older devices.

However, even on older devices, if you didn't download the app/game before it was delisted, you can't find it on the App Store. I've tried on an iPad 2, 3, and 4.

I don't know where to download the Shadowrun Returns package, or if that's even possible. However, if I could, I think the only route is to jailbreak the older device and then install it. This doesn't help you because you want to play on newer hardware.

I never fully understood the appeal of physical releases or fully appreciated the freedom of Android sideloading until now. Though even with Android sideloading, I'm not sure how I would register the game. Maybe developers could set up a donation page where we can send them a few bucks when we want to play their unsupported games.

Reactions: Getta Robo

Make a donation