Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Anyone ever play Soul Calibur 2?

Opa-Opa

Registered
Jun 21, 2019
la-li-lu-le-lo

Take your time as you feel and thx for your efforts. I wonder what would happen when you put a ST-V Cart into the Saturn. The connector seems identical. KOF 95 had a ROM Cart plus CD going. Saturn should have from the start on much more Ram, and sound compression.

Vindios

Yep, GC version was the best and then we have Link, nice!

XBox Spawn and PS2 Heihachi don't fit in in my opinion.

Geez, that's some german grammar right there?

Last edited:

sammyrms1

May 30, 2019
AGName
sammyrms1
AG Join Date
Nov 1, 2014
I've seen my cousins play it on GameCube and I've played the XBLA version at the Microsoft store. If this series ever made it back to Nintendo consoles for one shot, I'd like to see Zelda, Marth or Shulk as playable characters.

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
I wonder what would happen when you put a ST-V Cart into the Saturn. The connector seems identical.

That’s not possible. The connectors are different, and they’re not compatible.

On topic, I’ve always liked SCII. I played it in the arcade around the time it came out. I agree that the GC version is the best home version. I have that and the Xbox version. I’d say it’s my second favorite SC game, the first being SC on the Dreamcast.

Opa-Opa

Registered
Jun 21, 2019
Ah ok, b/c they seem very similar. Putting an ST-V cart into Saturn would have been really cool.

SC Dreamy is my favourite too. I was very disappointed when they erased Kilik, THE main character outta SC4, pffft.

I was shocked when I saw this the first time, sorry for no 60fps vid...

Edit: found [email protected]/60fps in 480p mode: 02:48, Kilik:

oh my Dreamy...

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinta77

pato

Registered
Jan 20, 2019
I do have it for the Xbox OG but never played it.

The HD Version is backwards compatible with Xbox One though.

Mord.Fustang

Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
Mord.Fustang
AG Join Date
Feb 17, 2013
I never got big into the game but I do remember playing it around 2003-2004. I was more into Bloody Roar: Primal Fury at the time.

Frogger

Registered
Jun 6, 2019
AGName
FuckinFrog
AG Join Date
Jun 16, 2017
I never got big into the game but I do remember playing it around 2003-2004. I was more into Bloody Roar: Primal Fury at the time.
I love me some Bloody Roar: Primal Fury. :)

Seroczynski

Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Seroczynski
AG Join Date
Jun 30, 2016
Had several nights of really good fights with me as Maxi and my buddy as Kilik, playing on GCN. I've found that -at least for me- SCVI comes closest to the quality of 2.

Pinta77

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
Had several nights of really good fights with me as Maxi and my buddy as Kilik, playing on GCN. I've found that -at least for me- SCVI comes closest to the quality of 2.
Is that the new one I heard about? I'll have to check that out now. Because I remember I played 4 and it was fun of course but it didnt feel the same as 2

speedyink

Registered
May 31, 2019
I'm still waiting to find the Xbox one in game stores around here. Probably have to resort to the interwebs. There aren't a huge number of 720p Xbox games, so it'd be cool to have.

Seroczynski

Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Seroczynski
AG Join Date
Jun 30, 2016
Is that the new one I heard about? I'll have to check that out now. Because I remember I played 4 and it was fun of course but it didnt feel the same as 2
Yeah it's the latest one that came out a few months back.

Domspun

Registered
Jun 1, 2019
I dunno, I always go back to the 1st. I played all Soul Caliburs, but the first one is the one I spent most time on. Maybe it's a nostalgia thing. Use to play with my friends for a couple of years, spent probably thousand of hours.

Pinta77

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
I just saw a video last night about the history of all the guest fighters on Soul Calibur 2. It was pretty interesting

Frogger

Registered
Jun 6, 2019
AGName
FuckinFrog
AG Join Date
Jun 16, 2017
I just saw a video last night about the history of all the guest fighters on Soul Calibur 2. It was pretty interesting
Somehow I knew you'd say that. That video has been popping up in my recommended videos alot lately as well. However, it is not entirely correct. :alien:

Pinta77

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
Somehow I knew you'd say that. That video has been popping up in my recommended videos alot lately as well. However, it is not entirely correct. :alien:
Oh, for real?

tidus79

Registered
Aug 7, 2019
I played the gamecube Version and liked it! (Link and Mitsurugi fav characters)

Pinta77

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
I use link a lot too. He's a good character for the game. But I mostly use Voldo

kartng

Jun 18, 2019
While I was studying abroad, one of the guys bought a Japanese game cube and SC2. As a result, I have fantastic memories of this game. Lots of late nights in the lounge getting my ass handed to me between 100 yen beers. I tried to get into the later games, but they were never the same without that crew.

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
While I was studying abroad, one of the guys bought a Japanese game cube and SC2. As a result, I have fantastic memories of this game. Lots of late nights in the lounge getting my ass handed to me between 100 yen beers. I tried to get into the later games, but they were never the same without that crew.

That reminds me of a party I went to years ago where people were playing SC for Dreamcast. I was easily defeating them, which kind of surprised me, because I didn't think I was that good at it. I was playing as Nightmare though, so that might of been part of the reason I kept winning.

Make a donation