Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Anyone have the promotional comic book for Sega's Comix Zone?

dark

Original poster
Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
dark
AG Join Date
September 2, 2011
Apparently there was a promotional comic in the UK for comix zone that came with issue 38 of the magazine Mean Machines Sega. It seems like you could check it out at this webpage some years ago, but the links to the scanned pages are now dead.

I'm really interested to find out more about this comic. I guess it was in its own binding, as I checked out a scanned copy of the Mean Machines Sega issue it supposedly came with and it didn't seem to be part of the magazine contents. Couldn't find much in the way of other scans of the comic book or ebay listings. Comix Zone is one of my all time favorite genesis games and surprisingly there is not a lot in the way of official art/wallpapers/posters etc for the game, it'd be nice to see some more art of the Comix Zone world.

Here's a little panel I found.
72de2faa9108a38c040e55c750e687820a71187e.jpg

Jackhammer

Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Jackhammer
AG Join Date
July 14th 2008
Found and upped to MediaFire.

Reactions: dark and Arcadia

dark

Original poster
Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
dark
AG Join Date
September 2, 2011
THANK YOU!!

A little light on story, but it is very true to the source material, characters, enemies in the game, etc. :) I love the art, some cool looking scenes in here that could be their own posters, like this one:

683tMU1.jpg

Jackhammer

Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Jackhammer
AG Join Date
July 14th 2008
There's also a black and white comic included in the US version manual.

Plus a link for the whole Sega Tunes collection (including Comix Zone/Roadkill) in FLAC if you want me to PM you the link?

Reactions: dark

dark

Original poster
Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
dark
AG Join Date
September 2, 2011
Thanks! My copy was cart only so I didn't know there was a comic in the manual as well. That ones pretty good as well.

I'm good on the soundtrack and sega tunes disc, it seems to be widely available on youtube and that's enough for me.

Make a donation