Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

X360 Anyone know why an Xbox360 would suddenly stop powering on?

EvanSki

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jul 19, 2019
No it didn't read ring, its one of the later models with that issue "fixed". an slim model. The point is I know it didn't red ring.
I've had the thing for a long time, and about a year ago, it shut off and that was the last time I'd play my 360, thankfully I had gotten my xbone at that time, but its just a bummer that my saves on the hard-drive are in this limbo state. I have no idea of the issue. I press the power on button and in 2/10 times it makes the power on noise but doesn't power on. I don't know if its the power supply, I tried a different one but I don't think that worked, its been a while since then. I'm buying another one just to be sure, and we'll see how that goes, but if anyone has an ideas as to why it would suddenly go into hibernation, please let me know, thanks.

L2000

May 30, 2019
Is it a stock , debug or RGH’d console , stock could be a blown mosfet , if it’s RGH’d console it could be blown mosfet or damaged stdby_clk, debug kit can be soft bricked by M$ . Please provide more info as at the moment we can only offer educated guesses .

Reactions: EvanSki

Edward_2452

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 29, 2019
AGName
james2452
What i would do is buy another xbox 360 slim off ebay as there cheap now and put your hard drive in it. Iv never had one not power on like that.

EvanSki

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jul 19, 2019
Yes my xbox was stock, It was not hacked in anyway, my best guess is it was just really old and probably its out of fuses from updates
I'm still going to wait and see if this new power brick will help, if not then i'll sort out what the cause is before buying a new 360

L2000

May 30, 2019
Does the light on your powerbrick go red when you try to power the console on ? Or does it stay green ?

Dans34

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 19, 2019
Donations
£5.00
AGName
Dans87
AG Join Date
Jan 6, 2013
sounds like a PSU issue tbh

EvanSki

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jul 19, 2019
Does the light on your powerbrick go red when you try to power the console on ? Or does it stay green ?
IT does but like I said before I replaced it and that didnt seem to solve the issue, Im getting the new power brick today so I'll be able to definitively answer if its the power brick issue

L2000

May 30, 2019
IT does but like I said before I replaced it and that didnt seem to solve the issue, Im getting the new power brick today so I'll be able to definitively answer if its the power brick issue
I’d be willing to bet all of Damien’s consoles that it is a blown mosfet , but let’s see if the new powerbrick sorts out the issue.

EvanSki

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jul 19, 2019
I’d be willing to bet all of Damien’s consoles that it is a blown mosfet , but let’s see if the new powerbrick sorts out the issue.
Makes me wonder if it was just a power brick issue then I popped in a off-brand power brick and blew the mosfet

EvanSki

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jul 19, 2019
UPDATE: I got my power brick today, plugged it in and nothing. Not even a ding to show even a small hope of life.
My plan now is to take it to someone who can fix/find out whats wrong with it.

Plan Z is to buy a new 360 and swap the HDD, If thats the case, I'll mod the console as well, so its not a total loss

pato

Registered
Jan 20, 2019
UPDATE: I got my power brick today, plugged it in and nothing. Not even a ding to show even a small hope of life.
My plan now is to take it to someone who can fix/find out whats wrong with it.

Plan Z is to buy a new 360 and swap the HDD, If thats the case, I'll mod the console as well, so its not a total loss

My guess is that anything related to the power supply unit inside the console could be the issue.

KG_LL

Jul 9, 2019
AGName
KG_LL
AG Join Date
I had to replace the capacitors in my childhood 360 a couple of years ago.
I would def check the caps because mine were some cheap Taiwanese caps that were bulging, replaced with some Panasonic caps and I was back in action.

My X360 was from 2008

Make a donation