Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

GBA anyone see a GBA Development Cart ?

GBA_Fan

Original poster
Dec 19, 2019
Hello Everyone

all the years i missed one important tool for my own collection
so i looking now for a ''Official GBA Development Flash Cart '' does anyone know where i can get one?

thanks in Advance

SONIC3D

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 5, 2019
AGName
SONIC3D
AG Join Date
Oct 31, 2008
Better only post this in "Want to Buy" board.

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
I have never seen one of these for sale. Only place I've ever seen them is on a video on YouTube.

But yeah, if you just keep one thread in the wtb section, if someone comes along trying to sell one, I'm sure you'd be able to connect with them

Trimesh

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Trimesh
AG Join Date
Jul 4, 2008
You used to see them quite regularly back around 2010 - that was when the GBA was discontinued and most the developers started dumping their gear. One strange thing about the GBA was that even a lot of licensed developers were using pirate flash carts for testing - the original official Nintendo cart was huge and although they later made a reduced size "S" flash cart it was quite limited in capacity.

The pirate carts were smaller (same form factor as a regular cart), flashed faster, supported larger ROM images and were a lot cheaper.

Reactions: GBA_Fan and Pinta77

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
You used to see them quite regularly back around 2010 - that was when the GBA was discontinued and most the developers started dumping their gear. One strange thing about the GBA was that even a lot of licensed developers were using pirate flash carts for testing - the original official Nintendo cart was huge and although they later made a reduced size "S" flash cart it was quite limited in capacity.

The pirate carts were smaller (same form factor as a regular cart), flashed faster, supported larger ROM images and were a lot cheaper.
Yeah I've noticed unofficial dev stuff floating around as well. I think it was Andrew that showed me basically a mini DVD on Ebay that someone claimed was a gamecube prototype. It was either the worst scammer ever, or devs just hacked the gamecube and burned their own discs.

Make a donation