Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Are any of the Japanese Mobile Phone Final Fantasy Titles still Playable?

Spindaboy

Original poster
Nov 24, 2019
Square Enix previously offered a select number of Final Fantasy titles for Japanese mobile phones that supported the i-mode and EZweb distribution services before the they were removed in March of 2018. Among these were two new releases, Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (a sequel to the original Final Fantasy IV) and Final Fantasy Dimensions (or Final Fantasy Legends as it is known in Japan), which eventually made their way to the West in the form of WiiWare and iOS/Android titles, respectively. Nonetheless, I have longed to play these titles in their original forms but have yet to determine whether or not the games are still playable at this point. So my question is, does anyone know whether the titles on phones that had downloaded them previously before the service shut are still functional? If they are, that would imply that internet connectivity is likely not necessary to play them once downloaded and that importing a phone containing them would be possible (assuming one could be found).

NaoyaShinota

Mar 10, 2021
im Not sure if you have found any info after you have posted, but I have some answers. Right now nobody has reported any findings of Final Fantasy IV: The After Years and Final Fantasy Dimensions that I could find. However I did find the Demo for Before Crisis Final Fantasy VII and plan on recording footage of the game soon. As I continue my search for BCFFVI, I plan on looking for all of the FF Mobile games or any rare Docomo and EZweb games.
but as of now
FF I (found)
FF II (Pre-installed on one of the Docomo phones. I forget which one)
FF IV (lost)
FF IV: The After Years (lost)
FF Dimensions (lost)
BCFFVII: (Demo Found)
FFVII Snowboarding (lost)
DC Lost Episode: FFVII (Demo Found)
Note: this solely depends on wether or not someone decides to post photo or proof that they have it. For all we know the games that are lost could still exist on a cell phone in Japan somewhere. Hope this helps you.

Spindaboy

Original poster
Nov 24, 2019
Thanks for the info! Would you happen to have the links to any of these? If not, could you let us know if these titles are still playable even after the closure of the distribution?

NaoyaShinota

Mar 10, 2021
Oh wow I didn’t notice you replied sorry for the late reply. As of the now the current status of this is that the games remains on the Japanese cell phones (For now). But as of right now I am trying to extract the data from a P900iV phone Which does contain some lost and rare games. I am Making some progress. Keep in mind that there is no tutorial on how to do this and I’m figuring out as I go on and am getting help from these wonderful people:

But sadly there is no link to download them sadly. I hope it’s ok that I shared he link. I am also searching for the Before Crisis Final Fantasy VII game. This is one of my top priorities. Hope this helps and answers your question.

also did some searching and it turns out someone found another FF game on a Japanese cell phone called FF Legends.

Reactions: Arcadia

Make a donation