Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Saturn Aren't all Dev Saturn consoles the same?

jollyroger

Registered
Jun 5, 2019
AGName
jollyroger
AG Join Date
XenForo says Oct 18, 2008, but actually I originally register in 1998...
View attachment 407
yea the cartridge on top of the DevCart

After looking again at mine, the one in the picture is actually the extended buffer cartridge. The memory extension comes from two SIMM sockets at the back of the PCB.

Here are a couple of better views of the cartridge, with the populated SIMM sockets:

logi26

Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Logi26
AG Join Date
Jun 18, 2013
Great post. Never realised Cross were based in Leeds

23 The Calls, Leeds, West Yorkshire, England LS2 7EH

I am currently sat at work over the river from that address. Small world :D

I live not far from the old Psygnosis building that was in Wavertree, Liverpool.

The building was on a business park next to an adjoining retail park.
I remember going to the Dixons store in the mid 90's and seeing Destruction Derby and Wipeout for PS1 on the shelves, not knowing that the building where these games where developed was about 50 metres away.

Reactions: danhans42

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
Great post. Never realised Cross were based in Leeds

23 The Calls, Leeds, West Yorkshire, England LS2 7EH

I am currently sat at work over the river from that address. Small world :D
near Datel also :)

jollyroger

Registered
Jun 5, 2019
AGName
jollyroger
AG Join Date
XenForo says Oct 18, 2008, but actually I originally register in 1998...
I live not far from the old Psygnosis building that was in Wavertree, Liverpool.

The building was on a business park next to an adjoining retail park.
I remember going to the Dixons store in the mid 90's and seeing Destruction Derby and Wipeout for PS1 on the shelves, not knowing that the building where these games where developed was about 50 metres away.

Amazing, I remember visiting Psygnosis in the original Liverpool building in 1995...

Reactions: logi26

BigEvilCorporation

Registered
May 30, 2019
I have read somewhere that generic SCSI cards can be used.

I would be massively, massively grateful if this can be confirmed or refuted - I have a PsyQ console and cart, but no interface, and would love to get it working somehow.

Also if anyone's interested in seeing some of this stuff working, there's a Twitter thread here of my adventures:

and a repair thread here:

logi26

Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Logi26
AG Join Date
Jun 18, 2013
I would be massively, massively grateful if this can be confirmed or refuted - I have a PsyQ console and cart, but no interface, and would love to get it working somehow.

Also if anyone's interested in seeing some of this stuff working, there's a Twitter thread here of my adventures:

and a repair thread here:

I would also be interested to know if this is correct or not. I read it in one of the very old threads on AG, I will see if I can find it again.

Another thing that I read in an old AG thread, but am unsure about is that the PSY-Q card used for Saturn is the same as the card used for PS1, Mega Drive etc. A guy claimed to own multiple PSY-Q carts for different systems, but said he only used the 1 PC interface card for them all.

I own the PSY-Q Saturn and interface card, but not the PSY-Q cart, been looking for one for a long time.

I thought that you lived in the North West? Your Twitter has your location as Sheffield?
I would have offered to meet up and allow you to test my PSY-Q interface card with your setup.

Also, on a different note, do you have any idea what this card is woth? You are possibly the best person to answer that question.
I got it from Dan a while ago.

SuperH

Registered
May 30, 2019
Just saw the recent comments on this thread (for some reason the mention by @jollyroger in an earlier post hadn't sent me a notification?? Anyway, yes I did have one of those combined DRAM and buffer carts but sold it last year; there were pictures on the AG gallery which are no longer available... if I dig around I may find them on my phone).
@BigEvilCorporation I have a complete PsyQ Saturn dev kit, I will send it to you (it's the cart + PC card one; works with Sophia or Saturn, in fact it's mentioned here http://cowboyprogramming.com/2010/06/03/1995-programming-on-the-sega-saturn/ )

BigEvilCorporation

Registered
May 30, 2019
Also, on a different note, do you have any idea what this card is woth? You are possibly the best person to answer that question.
I got it from Dan a while ago.

Yes, I saw one go on eBay last year, I'll see if I can find the link and I'll respond to that thread. I may even be able to track down some buyers if you're selling, someone was commenting on my YouTube channel a while ago about it (I *think* they were the winner of that MCD kit that went for $15,000 last year... yes, I wrote that correctly).

@BigEvilCorporation I have a complete PsyQ Saturn dev kit, I will send it to you (it's the cart + PC card one; works with Sophia or Saturn, in fact it's mentioned here http://cowboyprogramming.com/2010/06/03/1995-programming-on-the-sega-saturn/ )

Contacted!

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
wow

US $14,600.00 by 76 bids !!!!

logi26

Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Logi26
AG Join Date
Jun 18, 2013
Yes, I saw one go on eBay last year, I'll see if I can find the link and I'll respond to that thread. I may even be able to track down some buyers if you're selling, someone was commenting on my YouTube channel a while ago about it (I *think* they were the winner of that MCD kit that went for $15,000 last year... yes, I wrote that correctly).

Yes, I would be interested in selling or trading the card, because I don't have $14,000 spare to purchase the rest of the required hardware :).

I tried to find the old thread on AG that claimed generic SCSI cards work with PSYQ, but I was not able to find it. I am not sure what section it was in. Although I did read the PSYQ Saturn manual and based on all of the various card setting/dip switches and custom driver, I personally don't think that a generic card would work.

I did find the thread where the guy claims that all of the PSYQ interface cards are basically interchangable:

Looking at the various PSYQ kits in the catalog, the interface cards do indeed look identical.

Reactions: dcsw2k7 and SuperH

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
hmm, SNSYS they like NCR chip
may be you can try NCR chip scsi card....

btw, normal PSYQ card use qlogis chip
psyq.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dcsw2k7

Ioncannon

Registered
Jun 25, 2019
AGName
Ioncannon
AG Join Date
Oct 19, 2010
Back when I was repairing my dreamcast, I noticed that the dev kit scans all devices on its bus and spits it out in a debug log.

GD-Mirage (GD-M) is the Dreamcast emulator but it can also detect the Saturn CD-Mirage.

Nemesis

Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Nemesis
AG Join Date
Mar 22, 2007
Managed to find the link for that auction, God damn: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEGA-GEN...303015?hash=item3b0a71d627:g:EHoAAOSwADpa3TAX

Well, that's my retirement plan sorted.
!!!!!

I have two of them. Cut price special, $14,200USD each. $200 discount if you take both together.

EDIT: That auction didn't even include the cards! @logi26 based on those prices, your CD emulator card is worth around $10,000, at least to that guy. You should track that buyer down.

• Haha

BigEvilCorporation

Registered
May 30, 2019
I dread to think what my full setup would fetch - base unit, both the SNASM2 and CD emu cards, original manuals in the binder and box, original disks, all cables...

Nemesis

Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Nemesis
AG Join Date
Mar 22, 2007
I dread to think what my full setup would fetch - base unit, both the SNASM2 and CD emu cards, original manuals in the binder and box, original disks, all cables...
Yeah, to the right buyer, with a lot more disposable cash than I have, it'd be worth a lot. Not too many of them going around.

I ended up with the binder, box, and disks for the 32x cartdev. Only I don't have one. If anyone out there has a 32x cartdev and wants to do a trade/sale, let me know. Not doing me much good here. I'd love to get a 32x cartdev myself one day. I doubt I could pay what other people would probably offer though.

Nemesis

Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Nemesis
AG Join Date
Mar 22, 2007
Yeah, to the right buyer, with a lot more disposable cash than I have, it'd be worth a lot. Not too many of them going around.

I ended up I'd the binder, box, and disks for the 32x cartdev. Only I don't have one. If anyone out there has a 32x cartdev and wants to do a trade/sale, let me know. Not doing me much good here. I'd love to get a 32x cartdev myself one day. I doubt I could pay what other people would probably offer though.
And I just read your other post and saw that you have the 32x cartdev @BigEvilCorporation. Lost track of where that ended up. If you want the binder, drop me a line. Maybe we can work something out.

Make a donation