Original poster
Registered
Jan 21, 2020
AGName
Moomeow
AG Join Date
21/01/20
Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone has information of the seldom seen [SCPS-45196] - Castlevania - Symphony of the Night. It's an Asian version but in English. The cover is similar to the American release of the cover.

I heard it could be from Hong Kong/Asian release. Anyone has more information about it? Would love to learn more about it :) thank you.

Attachments

• SDC14870%20%28Medium%29.JPG
    SDC14870%20%28Medium%29.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 0

Tyree_Cooper

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
www.youtube.com
AGName
Tyree_Cooper
AG Join Date
Jun 29, 2009
that's what it is, english release for asia, most asian version konami games are straight japanese ports with slightly adjusted artworks, but at one point they released a bunch which were straight usa ports, but of course they are ntsc-j area, come with large case and a spinecard.

Last edited:

moomeow

Original poster
Registered
Jan 21, 2020
AGName
Moomeow
AG Join Date
21/01/20
lovely! Do you know the price of this? Any different from the US and Japan versions?

Trimesh

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Trimesh
AG Join Date
Jul 4, 2008
lovely! Do you know the price of this? Any different from the US and Japan versions?

It's been a while since I played it, but it seemed to be identical to the US version except for the region coding. Most of these (legit) Asia market games are pretty uncommon, simply because so many people in places like HK were running bootleg copies.

moomeow

Original poster
Registered
Jan 21, 2020
AGName
Moomeow
AG Join Date
21/01/20
Thanks man for your reply :)

It's been a while since I played it, but it seemed to be identical to the US version except for the region coding. Most of these (legit) Asia market games are pretty uncommon, simply because so many people in places like HK were running bootleg copies.

dyer60

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
dyer60
AG Join Date
Jan 13, 2013
@moomeow Here are a few more pics of mine, this one is also a "SAMPLE" NFR version:

Looks like you have the info you need but reach out if you need anything else confirmed.

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
I have an Asian PS1 copy of Bushido Blade that's kind of similar to this. The artwork and disc look similar to the Japanese version, but all of the text on the case/cover is in English. The inside of the manual is in Japanese. The game itself is NTSC-J region though, and it appears to be identical to the Japanese version.

Reactions: dyer60

Make a donation