Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

AssemblerGames Backups

Original poster
In that case, We may just use your rip on the domain :D that's impressive work and dedication there for sure.

Once your backups live I'll give it a test :D

Nemesis

Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Nemesis
AG Join Date
Mar 22, 2007
I've completed my full mirror of assemblergames.com, current as of 2019-06-04. Here's the link:
https://mega.nz/#!izwglQAA!IUOvscMRlB5OveR_Jo13mvII2P-jFIUmwYHKAhtHLZY

It weighs in at 19.9GB compressed/27GB uncompressed, with 268811 files. This is a verified complete rip of all public content on the site, as well as the "0th bit" forum thanks to "Chaotic Mind" aka "sonicdude10". Selected external files (such as images) are also included in the archive. Here's the treemap:
AssemblerGamesBackupTreemap.png

The block at the top with the white border around it is content from assemblergames.com, with attachments on the left and threads on the right in particular. The big block directly below the assemblergames.com content on the left is referenced content from imgur, with a spattering of content from other sites trailing off after that.

In order to use it, just open the "index.html" file in the root and start browsing. You should be able to browse and view all threads in the forums correctly without an internet connection, and everything it needs is self-contained in the archive. Some links to explicitly excluded pages (IE, account pages, search features) won't work, but if you navigate the forums normally from the forum indexes things should basically work perfectly. Let me know if you come across any missing/broken content.

A few things of note about this archive:
-This mirror was taken logged in as "sonicdude10" in order to mirror the "0th bit" forum, so you'll see his name as the logged in user.
-I forgot to check all forums for announcements that hadn't been dismissed, so some forums (like the marketplace) will have announcements appearing at the top of every thread. This could be stripped from a hosted mirror if someone wanted to fix it up.
-Photobucket (*shudder*) images weren't mirrored. The original links have been preserved and will work if they're still valid and you have an internet connection, but the site as it stands today seems designed to fight automated harvesting tools, and I didn't try and work around it.
-If you want to do a search, you'll need to use local search features to search the files directly. Forum links for searching and filtering won't work.

That's about it. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Chaotic Mind

AG Refugee Retro Brony
Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
sonicdude10
AG Join Date
Jan 17, 2012
Well done Nemesis. Well fucking done indeed.

Make a donation