Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Batman & Robin for Tiger Game.com: What's more feasible?

MysteryMan3D

Original poster
Jun 13, 2021
What's a more feasible option to ask for regarding this game:
Asking for game.com emulation to be expanded across multiple systems (primarily PS2, PS3, Wii, Android, BittBoy PocketGo)?
-OR-
Asking for some people here really nicely to port the game over to the SEGA Genesis?

I'm a big fan of the Batman Motion Picture Anthology (Batman 89, Returns, Forever, & Robin), and I'd like to be able to not just play all four movies in video game form across all my gaming consoles and handhelds, but also beat them on a regular basis. The first three were easy to take care of, since they all have SEGA Genesis versions that are relatively modest in difficulty and playability.

The fourth one is what I'm having trouble with, because only two video game versions of that movie were ever made, game.com and PS1. I tried to like the PS1 version and be patient with it, but it's too f***n hard, too f***n complex, and too f***n long. I'm done with it. I've played the game.com version and I truthfully enjoy it ten times more than the PS1 version, despite how short the game is.

If a Genesis port were to be made, you could spice it up a little bit by:
-Adding more levels
-Making the existing levels longer
-Add Batgirl as a fully playable character

This is probably gonna end up being a big fat No, but could you at least take time to think about one option or the other?

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
What makes you think people are going to put in the effort to do this for you out of the kindness of their heart? How do you expect people to port the game without source code? Unless they crack open Ghidra and reverse engineer the damn thing not gonna happen. In your case, I think emulation is the best you can hope for at this point. I used to have a Game.com in the late 90's. Yes it sucked.

MysteryMan3D

Original poster
Jun 13, 2021
Yeah I knew the Genesis port was gonna be a major no-go, but I'd still like to be able to play the game.com version on more consoles and handhelds. Yes it sucked, but considering the hardware and the fact that there were only 20 games for the system, it shouldn't be THAT hard to make more emulators for, right?

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Well as far as the PS3 is concerned, now it has a fully working dynarec and RSXGL in the works so even much more complex emulators for more modern systems with hardware acceleration will be possible in the future. So I would say sure for something as low specced as this is highly feasible. I for one was hoping to see the N-Gage emulator ported over to the PS3 which is doing pretty well right now and it even has a few good exclusives. Something about obscure handheld emulation is really appealing to me.

I did have Batman and Duke Nukem on the Game.com back in the day and I only remember the Batman game being a side scroller. Can;t remember how good it was. Duke Nukem did suck though. Only so much you can do making a FPS on an 8 bit black and white system.

MysteryMan3D

Original poster
Jun 13, 2021
Sorry for bumping this thread, but it's related to the topic, so...

I legally own Batman & Robin for the game.com, and would like to dump my own ROM of it to play on PC and add to my archive. It's possible, so could someone on here build me a game.com cartridge dumper so I can achieve this? If you're willing to do it, PM me and we'll talk more about it...

Make a donation