Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

GC Before and after removing scratches from Gamecube Jewel , anyone tried this method?

s8n

Original poster
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
s8n
AG Join Date
hi guys , i stumbled on this yesterday and i was wondering if anyone has tried it. The method is really brief so i can't be sure if i were to try it i would get good results. I'll leave a link below to the Reddit post.

• Wow
Reactions: ItsMeMario

s8n

Original poster
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
s8n
AG Join Date
hi guys , i'm back with some results of this it is real and works so i am confirming it. Below are some photos i took before and afters , note it is not perfect but a huge difference. The after photos i took don't pickup some very fine scratches so be aware of this if your going to attempt it. I possibly could remove them with more Mothers Compound and the drill buffing attachment but i had about 4 goes with it and i couldn't get it any better. Cheers to Galaxy_Uploadz on Reddit you nailed it , i can post the method i used if anyone is interested. I have more GC's to do , one jewel i just removed is really bad so if i can get the same results it's a win.
iWCvBl.jpg

nFKquI.jpg

5MLXMp.jpg

Reactions: venom and A Toubib

s8n

Original poster
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
s8n
AG Join Date
i'm back with some photos of the really beatup Jewel. I have altered Galaxy_Uploadz process to get more of the fine scratches out of the final product , quite simply i used a quality ultra soft microfibre cloth and hand buffed with Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Polish for about 5 minutes. It's still not factory mint but way better than before.

lZKZZo.jpg

35P1GS.jpg

Make a donation