Original poster
Registered
Jun 8, 2019
AGName
segasonicfan
AG Join Date
Sept 23, 2011
Hey all,

I really dislike making threads like this as I like to give sellers and traders plenty of opportunity to rectify any issues before affecting reputation. But I've been bending over backwards on this one trying to do just that.

In the "free stuff" thread on assembler a user named Nully, who seemed like a generally nice guy, offered to ship me a Sega Genesis box. He ended up wanting to throw out more stuff and so I asked him if I could have a couple more items and he agreed.

I sent him $30 to cover the shipping charges.

After many emails, and repeated requests for my address (even though it was in the PM history) he kept delaying the shipping. He'd mentioned he was planning on shipping all the way back on March 23rd, 2019. I sent him numerous emails requesting the $30 be refunded if he's not going to ship.

I have now been asking him for $30 back now for almost 3 months. This is getting completely ridiculous.

Nully, if you are reading this, I understand you were trying to be nice and give away some free things. But this has been a huge waste of my time, and since you are not going to send anything anyway you should at least promptly refund the shipping charges.

PM history:
Me:
April 17th, 2019: ok thanks for the update. I'm not too interested in those chips, I just wanted a few of them and also save some from the trash.
I don't need that metal rod for the CDX anymore btw, i managed to hack one out of an old DVD player
lmk when things ship so I can keep an eye out, thanks.

Me:
May 6th, 2019: Hey, any updates to this? It's been another month and while it's not urgent it would be great to get my friend that multimeter so he can stop borrowing mine, lol.

Me:
May 31st, 2019: Hey I haven't heard from you in almost two months. Can you give me some kind of update? I'd really appreciate it if you would refund the $30 at least.

the last reply I got was June 6th:
"I have completely forgotten about this website and this transaction and I apologize for that. I'll shoot you the refund in a few days, waiting for a Paypal withdrawal, can I have your Paypal email. The only reason I am responding to this is because I randomly checked my spam folder for the first time in months tonight and saw the PM there."

I sent him a PayPal email address on June 7th (which he already had) and still have no word from him.

Tyree_Cooper

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
www.youtube.com
AGName
Tyree_Cooper
AG Join Date
Jun 29, 2009
I hate situations like this that go on forever. I wonder what someone doing this is thinking inside his little head.

Hope you get your money back.

Tongara

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
Tongara
AG Join Date
Sep 23, 2009
Sorry to hear this! If you sent payment through paypal for "goods or services", then simply get paypal to refund you.
If you sent it as a "gift"/"to family & friends" then you're a bit more fucked unless he sends your money back.

Reactions: Traace

segasonicfan

Original poster
Registered
Jun 8, 2019
AGName
segasonicfan
AG Join Date
Sept 23, 2011
If you sent it as a "gift"/"to family & friends" then you're a bit more fucked unless he sends your money back.

It was this Im afraid. and since he has dragged this on for some three months now I don't have much of any hope getting PayPal to do a refund.

and nullnully

Reactions: null

segasonicfan

Original poster
Registered
Jun 8, 2019
AGName
segasonicfan
AG Join Date
Sept 23, 2011
Hey folks,
I got a message from him finally. He did finally refund the $30 shipping cost. Geeze, what a colossal waste of my time.

• Sad
Reactions: Obsidian

MC24-TR

Jul 3, 2019
AGName
Unknown-Organization
AG Join Date
Sep 28, 2011
Glad to know you have got you money back

Mord.Fustang

Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
Mord.Fustang
AG Join Date
Feb 17, 2013
Good to see it was peacefully resolved in the end.

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
I actually had an interaction with this user. He posted about selling a Wii U. He mentioned a potential trade and DM'ed me. I said what I had to offer and after a few days, no response.

Maybe he's not interested in what I had to offer. But I think more than anything, he's just unresponsive.

Nully

Donator
Donator
Sep 14, 2019
AGName
lh
AG Join Date
Hello,

First time checking the site, saw my username on the main page so I decided to sign up. I've been on Assembler for over a decade and had this fuck up here happen because I honestly just got super busy with a move and having the things I was supposed to send get lost in boxes and boxes of crap I stuffed into a storage unit. I just kept forgetting to refund him as I sell a ton of things online and a $30 transaction unfortunately just got lost on me. Hate to come here on a bad note, but yeah. I am just super busy all the time, sorry if I don't respond but definitely spam the shit out of me next time something like this happens and be more direct/present a sense of urgency if this situation happens in any future dealings with anyone.

@Pinta77 , in this situation I just wanted a quick buck at a discounted price but after a few days it's obvious the forum is nearly completely dead so I just threw it up on eBay for double the price and had a sale.

Anyway, hi all. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jei and Pinta77

Make a donation