Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Biohazard/ Resident Evil 0 N64 prototype (aka not this again :P)

Moondog

Original poster
Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Moondog
AG Join Date
Nov 21, 2010
Anyone still obsessing over this in 2020? We got some new footage a few years back, but discussion on old Biohazard stuff has really died down.

Americandad

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
Americandad
AG Join Date
July 4, 2011
If it leak to mass then I'll definitely check it out but I'm not going to have such fun anymore like being a kid.

Recently, games no longer give me such fun as in young years. The magic of games is slowly dying in me :(
Cause you're playing the wrong games. There are a handful of devs out there still putting out "magic".

Moondog

Original poster
Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Moondog
AG Join Date
Nov 21, 2010
It's out there somewhere, but nobody has come forward with it which is a shame. If anyone reads this who happens to have the prototype, please consider preserving it! Sure it's not the most exciting thing to most people since we got the game on GC, but I want this like others want the '80%' build of RE1.5.

There are a handful of devs out there still putting out "magic".

I agree. Even though I don't play modern games anymore, there is the occasional indie title that does it right.

Americandad

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
Americandad
AG Join Date
July 4, 2011
I'm pretty sure the reason it hasn't seen the light of day is because a lot of people really want it and because it's a holy grail. Beyond Capcom's internal confidentiality policies and iron grip on select titles. So assuming it's out there, collectors know exactly what they have and aren't about to see it being devalued.

Moondog

Original poster
Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Moondog
AG Join Date
Nov 21, 2010
I'm pretty sure the reason it hasn't seen the light of day is because a lot of people really want it and because it's a holy grail. Beyond Capcom's internal confidentiality policies and iron grip on select titles. So assuming it's out there, collectors know exactly what they have and aren't about to see it being devalued.

Makes sense why a public fundraiser can't happen, but what about a private one? By this point, most people are aware of the story involving Assembler, which ended in Capcom stepping in and stopping the leak, but there is also a copy in Europe that has never really been public knowledge. The game was shown at TGS and E3, so the source is up for debate as I don't believe any gaming mags in Europe got a cart for previewing. If you happen to have information and want to keep it private, please PM me. I have an offer of sorts..

Reactions: MRKane

saibot_20194

Jun 3, 2019
AGName
saibot_20194
AG Join Date
Aug 4, 2011
I wonder why Capcom never tried to sue or harass the guys who leaked Resident Evil 1.5 40% vanilla build and of course the demo has more gameplay and stuff. On the other hand Resident Evil 0 64 TGS was just a small demo on the train like 10 minutes of play in total literally, but who knows what the hell is inside on those game files and why they nuked the guy who was going to leak information about the Re 0 64 build.

Reactions: Moondog

Borman

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 31, 2018
You have to understand that the whole Assembler thing was like 15 or more years ago, I forget exactly when it happened. Resident Evil 0 was more relevant then.

TreblaYevrah

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 28, 2019
Donations
£20.56
timelesslunchbox.boards.net
AGName
TreblaYevrah
AG Join Date
Jul 15, 2011
I know the general consensus is that the N64 build was never truly developed beyond the train, but I suspect more work was done to at least the training facility portion of the game than anyone would be lead to believe.

I spent a long time hacking the Biohazard 0 Trial Edition on Gamecube, and recently got back into it. That demo is also not terribly "developed" beyond the train, but all of the areas are present on the disc (just takes a little hacking), at least in some early/semi-playable form... and some look completely different from the retail game.

What a lot of people don't seem to realize, is that this demo is basically a full prototype of Resident Evil 0. Sure, it may not be the N64 version... but it's pretty much the middle ground between that version, and the final Gamecube release. Hell, it even has a fully rendered cutscene from the N64 build on the disc. I didn't personally discover that one, but the fact that it's on there is mind-blowing. Rebecca is also still voiced by her N64 actor in the demo.

Last edited:

Moondog

Original poster
Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Moondog
AG Join Date
Nov 21, 2010
If memory serves me correctly, Assembler himself stated that he hadn't even played a Resident Evil game at that time. so it was a case of bad timing because the Gamecube version was not released yet. That somehow makes it even worse, because this could realistically have seen the light of day.

@TreblaYevrah
Speaking of the GC Trial, does it contain the TGS version of the Save Room theme? I've always wanted to hear a proper rip of it.

TreblaYevrah

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 28, 2019
Donations
£20.56
AGName
TreblaYevrah
AG Join Date
Jul 15, 2011
^Interesting you should ask that... because after posting about it yesterday, I was inspired to try making a music mod for it. Finally having success with that, so I'll let you know if I come across that particular theme (I've been hoping to find it myself). The trial does have some alternate tracks, for sure, but I can't guarantee that one is on there.

saibot_20194

Jun 3, 2019
AGName
saibot_20194
AG Join Date
Aug 4, 2011
@TreblaYevrah
Speaking of the GC Trial, does it contain the TGS version of the Save Room theme? I've always wanted to hear a proper rip of it.
[/QUOTE]
Someone just resently discovered the TGS Save theme it but capcom took the video down I believe.

Reactions: Moondog

TreblaYevrah

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 28, 2019
Donations
£20.56
AGName
TreblaYevrah
AG Join Date
Jul 15, 2011
Really? In the trial edition?

I find it surprising Capcom would take down an unreleased track... I had no problems posting an unused RE4 track I found on Youtube. You can also find entire soundtracks from the games on there.

Last edited:

TreblaYevrah

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 28, 2019
Donations
£20.56
AGName
TreblaYevrah
AG Join Date
Jul 15, 2011
Right, so... neither of these posters specify where this material came from. There's also a "pre-rendered backdrops" video on youtube, of images from the N64 version:

Alleged "N64 Save Theme" (actually early end credits theme)

Pre-Rendered Backdrops

A couple of people in the comments seem to be under the impression that this material came from an N64 prototype. This theme is in fact in the Biohazard 0 Trial Edition, so that video is most likely from the Gamecube disc. I have made an area modifier code, but those backdrops I haven't been able to load in game. They probably are from the trial disc, though.

The Resident Evil community sure enjoys their ambiguity...

Here's a code to hear the track in game. If anyone has the trial and a dolphin emulator, or even a real Action Replay with the disc (the method I use... you can find my master code in the website in my signature). This code will crash the game after the first area, though. Working on a better one:

Play "N64 Save Theme" (Early End Credits Theme)
QJFM-NQU6-YWJ9W
XJ6F-MVE9-80HAR
*UPDATE: Going to keep this here, but this isn't actually a save theme from the N64 version. The poster of the video was mistaken.

This E3 footage has the real N64 save theme... it's much closer to the final:

Last edited:

Moondog

Original poster
Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Moondog
AG Join Date
Nov 21, 2010
I guess I meant the E3 version of the save theme. I wasn't aware there were two different ones! There is this also this video, but I'm sure it's just a fan remake I saw a long time ago. There is no mention of this in the comments however, so..

TreblaYevrah

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 28, 2019
Donations
£20.56
AGName
TreblaYevrah
AG Join Date
Jul 15, 2011
You know, Moondog... I'm trying to understand this myself now, and I'm starting to believe there's no proof/evidence to suggest that the theme I posted actually was ever a save theme from the N64 version. I was just second-guessing myself when I found that, and realized it was a track I already stumbled on in the trial. The theme you're talking about is what I remembered as well (the one in the live footage from E3).

If someone can find evidence to the contrary, then I'll gladly eat my words! I think it's more likely an early version of the end credits theme.

Moondog

Original poster
Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Moondog
AG Join Date
Nov 21, 2010
I seem to recall it being pointed out on a video that the supposed "save room theme" was just renamed by someone.
Strangely, I think it was on that video I linked, and now the comment's gone...

Someone just resently discovered the TGS Save theme it but capcom took the video down I believe.

The link was on Reddit I believe. Where did you hear that Capcom took it down?

Also, thanks guys for generating some discussion on this game :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TreblaYevrah

pato

Registered
Jan 20, 2019
You have to understand that the whole Assembler thing was like 15 or more years ago, I forget exactly when it happened. Resident Evil 0 was more relevant then.

From what I recall (this was brought up like five years ago or more), someone had the cart, then Capcom tracked him down.

Make a donation