Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Biohazard/ Resident Evil 0 N64 prototype (aka not this again :P)

TreblaYevrah

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 28, 2019
Donations
£20.56
timelesslunchbox.boards.net
AGName
TreblaYevrah
AG Join Date
Jul 15, 2011
So another update about the whole N64 music thing... I've been through the tracks in the trial, and it seems the old save room theme is not present. The track mentioned earlier is definitely the end credits theme (edited my post to reflect that). However, some N64 themes do exist, and those have been uploaded in the past. Of course, the uploader didn't say where they came from... they're from the trial disc! I posted one of the tracks myself for clarity:

This is the track that plays in the train scenario of the N64 version. It can be heard clear as day in the live E3 footage posted earlier. There's a vaguely similar track in the final game, but this particular one is not.

So there you have it!

Moondog

Original poster
Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Moondog
AG Join Date
Nov 21, 2010
Super! Reminds me of the Police Station library in RE2. If the save room track was only in the E3 build, then the only place to look would be a US demo version. I'm wondering if the backgrounds in that other video are ripped from the trial or just from the footage posted by Capcom.

Moondog

Original poster
Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Moondog
AG Join Date
Nov 21, 2010
Just found this! Uploader claims that it is original from the game, and judging by one of his replies, someone has the prototype. A glimmer of hope, perhaps?

TreblaYevrah

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 28, 2019
Donations
£20.56
timelesslunchbox.boards.net
AGName
TreblaYevrah
AG Join Date
Jul 15, 2011
I don't want to 100% doubt it, but I see inaccuracies with the back texture compared to the original footage. Could be legit explanations for that, but don't think you would need an extremely high level of experience to make a decent replica like this.

Also roll my eyes a bit whenever someone waves something from a prototype around and says, "Sorry I'm not allowed to say." Big cry for attention.

Getta Robo

Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
Getta Robo
AG Join Date
Sep 29, 2008
Just found this! Uploader claims that it is original from the game, and judging by one of his replies, someone has the prototype. A glimmer of hope, perhaps?
Well there are quite a few things which indicate that is most likely a recreation
  • The model looks poorly designed compared to all known models, even by PS1 alpha standards
  • The backgrounds clearly look off compared to the main model as well
  • The FB group features several RE modifications, all of them look similarly made like the Rebecca model

Don't have any viable expectations by this release, fingers crossed that some known "collectors" will eventually consider to preserve their copies...

Moondog

Original poster
Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Moondog
AG Join Date
Nov 21, 2010
Aw, don't spoil the fun! :LOL:

Those are all valid points. I compared the model shown to the one used in the fan projects on Youtube, and it looks different to me. I don't believe that the uploader actually has the prototype, but might have a source. The backgrounds do look ripped from the most recent footage. He has also shared the E3 save room music. I'm not exactly sold on this either, but I really want to see more classic RE prototypes released, so I take everything seriously.

Reactions: caoimhin

pato

Registered
Jan 20, 2019
Textures look different, and her shoulder pad has a different shape.

Reactions: Moondog

Moondog

Original poster
Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Moondog
AG Join Date
Nov 21, 2010
Textures look different, and her shoulder pad has a different shape.
Hm, you're right. I can see what you mean. Didn't the N64 port of Resident Evil 2 have better models than the PS1 even?

Last edited:

Make a donation