Welcome, Guest!

Here are some external resources you may find helpful

Dreamcast Bleemshell new GDEMU menu for playing PSX games on DC

Honkleson

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a small update. This is actually pretty huge news though. japanese_cake has finally gotten all 3 retail Bleems working on GDEMU, and the protections have been 100% removed! Hopefully this leads to things such as selfbooting versions of the 3 official games, but also the ability to add this to Bleemshell as individual cores to really help boost compatibility on the Dreamcast. He said he will release it soon!

We've been spoiled so much this year that I found myself starting to become impatient with this. Once I realized, I had to remind myself that we're lucky to be getting interesting new things for Dreamcast every couple of years at this point. Hell, we're lucky to be getting anything at all!

Still, I've been looking forward to this since that was posted. I've beaten MGS a few times but I'm pretty sure enough years have passed to enjoy another playthrough when this become available. I still own my original Bleemcast discs and a copy of their compatible PS1 games, but am a GDEMU user now.

I never got much use out of the games. I've never cared for simulation racers like Gran Tourismo 2, I like driving games the crazier the better. My issue with Tekken 3 was needing to unlock all the characters given how saving required an entire VMU. It made more sense to just use my PS1 for that game. I probably would've gotten much more use out of it otherwise though, I was big into the competitive arcade scene during the Tekken 3 -> Tag -> Tekken 4 eras... then like most arcades, our local arcade at the mall closed very suddenly in 2002-03. It disappeared so fast that I still had some tokens left which remain in my drawer to this day.

Anthony817

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
I spoke to him over the summer and he said it was still coming along just takes him a long time to set stuff up to start working on it. But rest assured it is still eventually coming. Just him finding the time and motivation really is all that is needed. He said only one dirty hack needed to be addressed and cleaned up and he would release.