Welcome to the Obscure Gamers!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Guest , A new look for OG has been released with both dark and light styles, to change please check out the left hand side of the footer to change.
    Dismiss Notice

X360 Bought a cheap XNA or EXPO from ebay? PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Development Hardware' started by Demon, Jun 21, 2017.

1. XeDK

XeDK Not A New Member
    Gold Member

It dumps just like a JTAGs/RGHs NAND you will also need the CPU KEY. You need to be on recovery 20353 and dump all the files from that recovery.

Yes

Yes works fine after

Its not....Flashing LT+3.0 wont do anything XDKs are meant to read burned games lol

Sidecar should not wobble....Yes you can

Bazatree likes this.
  2. fate6

fate6 Lolita Dress Collector
    Gold Member

Check the quote box for answers. :p

Anywhoo all you do is use jungleflasher to read the DVDkey from the new drive then change the key the XDK NAND looks for from the old drive to the new drive, after flashing it back it wont even know its a different drive.

Bazatree likes this.
  3. Atlas

Atlas Voice Of The People
    Dev Kit Owner

Just as a heads up, that same seller just posted up a listing for another XNA Tribal in case anyone is looking to snag one.
    Code:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-360-XNA-XDK-Expo-Developer-Kit/352205157685?hash=item5201103535:g:260AAOSwBjdaA5K1

XboxSurgeon likes this.
  4. XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon Banned Rebel Scum
    Gold Member

5. Borman

Gold Member

If anyone ends up with a spare faceplate for one (I dont need the XNA text version), let me know :p

6. Bazatree

Dev Kit Owner

Another seller sold this Frankenstein for a dirt cheap price.
    Apparently, it was XNA expo kit with an ELITE faceplate and green(!) ROL. What is more interesting it had a white sticker.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Can anyone explain what this console is about?

~~~
    I also noticed that my XNA kit has a weird "ON/OFF" button. It doesn't have a click sound and overall feels stiff. I can't say for sure if clicked or not. If I put a white faceplate on my XNA kit, it works okay. If I put XNA faceplate on my normal Xbox 360, it works okay as well. XNA faceplate on XNA kit is not compatible. What the heck?

As I understand, that seller sells rubbish and that's why his consoles are so cheap. No wonder that he works for E-Waste company. No clue why he listed my XNA kit as NEW using different XNA kit pictures in the lot.
    I probably would ignore his XNA expo kit, because it was probably opened, the seal should be reapplied, it probably have a broken DVD and what is more sad, it might have a wobbly sidecar.

#106 Bazatree, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    XboxSurgeon likes this.
  7. XeDK

XeDK Not A New Member
    Gold Member

I would say that its a China kit but for some reason the sticker survived. At some point lehvak will be in here lol. This video should explain that kit pretty well.

Jakeeenator, XboxSurgeon and Demon like this.
  8. Bazatree

Dev Kit Owner

So yeah, got the new DVD drive for my XNA kit. I decided to change motherboards instead of dumping DVD key. Dunno, I just love soldering.

But anyways, the "broken" DVD drive is dated as December 2009 while the console July 2010. What is more interesting, it is crystal clear inside. I mean there is no dust. It looks brand new. Seal looks intact. What the heck.
    [​IMG]

~~~

Moreover, I noticed scratches under the warranty sticker on the shell. So yeah, mine was reapplied probably by using a hairdryer, because I did the same and it looks even better than before.

My point is, don't buy from "epartson#" unless the item is dirt cheap and you know what to do.

Demon likes this.
  9. Demon

I wonder if the seller tried fixing broken kits not knowing changing drives needed boards changing too? Mine doesn't look like it's opened but being honest i've never even taken the faceplate off other then to see if the sticker was indeed on it.

10. MrMario2011

Dev Kit Owner

This seems to be with every single kit, though. Strange...

Demon likes this.
  11. Borman

Gold Member

The boards dont -need- changing though, they just seem to be broken hah.

12. MrMario2011

Dev Kit Owner

I had a talk with @Bazatree as he asked me about that DVD drive issue - I believe what @fate6 did to remedy his situation was to drop in another working DVD drive and then nuke it all with an ISO recovery on boot. I saw someone else do the same thing but not sure of their name.

13. Borman

Gold Member

Ive done that with my Slim with a wrecked drive.

14. Demon

Its very odd indeed. It can only be one of a few things, bad batch of drives, Microsoft done it themselves, or te seller done it which I doubt but then again it's possible.

15. XboxSurgeon

Gold Member

I think it’s a software flaw or something like the DVD emu update that fries the sidecar.

Borman and Demon like this.
  16. XboxSurgeon

Gold Member

I mean they did have that frying recovery there for a bit and before the great WhiteList had the RROD issues from them killing kits allegedly.

17. fate6

fate6 Lolita Dress Collector
    Gold Member

If you drop in any other 360 drive it will work for running dev signed content, but if using shadowboot and you plan on running retail discs this is a problem as they check the drive to see if it matches what the NAND expects it to be.

To have the kit fully working you need to get the drive key of the new working drive using jrunner or jungleflasher or whatever is used for reading a 360 drive(I forgot....)
    Once you have the drive key just dump the NAND on the kit and use one of those tools to edit the DVD key to what the new drive expects then flash it back.

Bam! 100% working kit.
    (Yay for terrible explanations!)

18. Lehvak

Lehvak Fendi bags up on my back
    Dev Kit Owner

Those are a new prototype version of the xna. They are dated after GDC, leading me to believe that these are a ver5 prototype. They have the gigabit cut out in the sidecar but no gigabit board or wire. These units seems to be an internal prototype so there would be no need for the actual branded or non branded xna faceplates, so they units must of gotten elite faceplates at ms I assume. This also explains why they just gutted the gigabit board and wire as well as using a green rol, they didn't need it to look pretty for internal testing. I've seen 3 of them and all of them have the elite faceplate and missing gigabit board and wire. In conclusion, I assume with good reasoning that these units are internal prototypes after ver4 (GDC expo kits).

Paulweeze71 likes this.