Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

XBOX Buying another OG XBOX what should I look for?

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
There's only 1 recapped OG XBOX on ebay and it's had more done to it than I'd like and they're charging the price of a Series X for it. There are tons of "Refurbished" systems on ebay but they don't necessarily say what was done to them. I don't know what systems to look for or which ones had the bad capacitors/disc drive. Should I just assume if an OG XBOX is still working I'm golden?

Pikkon

Moving in Stereo
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pikkon
AG Join Date
Mar 4, 2005
There's one on ebay(console only) for 50 plus shipping,says it has its caps and drive belt have been changed.

Shizzy

Registered
Jun 1, 2019
As far as the leaky clock caps go, that only affected consoles up to motherboard revision 1.4. If you buy a console with a 1.6 motherboard you dont need to worry about that. You can still have the GPU/CPU caps dry out but I see it alot more often in the older consoles. If you were to buy a crystal console they are all 1.6. Otherwise try to look at the manufacture date. Generally, if its 4/2004 or later it'll be 1.6

The 1.6 models arent great for advanced mods (Cant upgrade to 128MB RAM) but for just playing stock theyre pretty solid.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
As far as the leaky clock caps go, that only affected consoles up to motherboard revision 1.4. If you buy a console with a 1.6 motherboard you dont need to worry about that. You can still have the GPU/CPU caps dry out but I see it alot more often in the older consoles. If you were to buy a crystal console they are all 1.6. Otherwise try to look at the manufacture date. Generally, if its 4/2004 or later it'll be 1.6

The 1.6 models arent great for advanced mods (Cant upgrade to 128MB RAM) but for just playing stock theyre pretty solid.
My original was 12/12/2001 one day it just wouldn't turn out and I've been OG XBOXless since. I want to play JSRF again and finally get around to Crazy Taxi 3.

Playa-V

May 6, 2022
I’ll be posting mine up for sale in the next few days. X3 w/ LCD panel. Not sure what version it is, just yet - I’ll need to find out.

Make a donation