corrigo

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
corrigo
AG Join Date
Mar 1, 2009
This is amazing !

Looks like more an alpha version, you can run on the lava without taking damage, fireballs don't hit the player.

MKKhanzo

Registered
Aug 13, 2019
Impressive. I always mantained faith that I would see the game in motion.

I remember that IGN got a demo of the game at 80% complete.

Wow. Primal Rage 2, Dinosaur Planet, 007 on 360... I only need Killer Instinct 2 on snes to say I can die peacefully.

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Doubt this will be dumped. Just like the newly discovered Half-Life beta dated back to November of 2000 Laurent was shown by a friend and he said it is not to be dumped.

At least we know it exists in some form. Where there is 1 disc there is bound to be others. I hope we will see a version of Soul Reaver 2. That is a game that would have been amazing for the system.

thedoctor45

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
Looks like the stream of long-lost Dreamcast protos won't be running dry anytime soon, however as Anthony has already stated, this one might not make it to a release. You can clearly see that the owner wants to remain anonymous at all costs (he even created a dedicated YouTube channel specifically for this video), also if he had any intentions of sharing it he would probably have done it a long time ago.

Maybe he can be talked into going the fundraiser route, but I'm almost certain we won't be getting his one for free.

Reactions: Anthony817

Getta Robo

Original poster
Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
Getta Robo
AG Join Date
Sep 29, 2008
Much obliged for your efforts @Laurent C. , at least you tried your best. Since there have been much more completed versions than this one, lets hope one of them will suddenly appear one fine day.

thedoctor45

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
I tried everything to get Castlevania out believe me ...
Hey Laurent, great work on this as usual.

Have you tried proposing a community fundraiser to the current owner of the CVR prototype? I'd be happy to toss in a couple of hundred $ if neccessary. Also I can offer the guy a free CF modded Dreamcast for dumping the game if he's interested - maybe that will convince him to release it - at least that convinced the owner of Heroes III.

Xaeroxcore

Registered
Aug 22, 2019
AGName
xaeroxcore
AG Join Date
Oct 17, 2012
Hey Laurent, great work on this as usual.

Have you tried proposing a community fundraiser to the current owner of the CVR prototype? I'd be happy to toss in a couple of hundred $ if neccessary. Also I can offer the guy a free CF modded Dreamcast for dumping the game if he's interested - maybe that will convince him to release it - at least that convinced the owner of Heroes III.
X2!! Let´s make it real!

MKKhanzo

Registered
Aug 13, 2019
Doubt this will be dumped. Just like the newly discovered Half-Life beta dated back to November of 2000 Laurent was shown by a friend and he said it is not to be dumped.

At least we know it exists in some form. Where there is 1 disc there is bound to be others. I hope we will see a version of Soul Reaver 2. That is a game that would have been amazing for the system.
Ugh, I do hate and despise that kind of hoarding/keeping mentality.

Specially now, thay we live in times that we do not even know if we will be alive tomorrow! Imagine that case? And this get lost in time again?

These kind of ppl treasure those like it was the One Ring haha. At least the Ring had power.

Sorry for the off topic and rude words!

Last edited:

KGRAMR

Registered
May 30, 2019

KGRAMR

Registered
May 30, 2019
Impressive. I always mantained faith that I would see the game in motion.

I remember that IGN got a demo of the game at 80% complete.

Wow. Primal Rage 2, Dinosaur Planet, 007 on 360... I only need Killer Instinct 2 on snes to say I can die peacefully.
Dude! I'm still waiting for Bomberman Legends and Phear on the Atari Jaguar getting leaked XD

Reactions: MKKhanzo

thedoctor45

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
Welp... It's the Deer Hunder 3D situation all over again... good luck fellas!

Laurent told me that the owner has already created a digital backup of the disc and now he's milking the community for profit regardless while still keeping the game, and nobody will ever get to play it besides him and the guy who spent thousands of $ for a presumably unique prototype, way to go lad. :/

Last edited:
Reactions: Anthony817

Sega Dreamcast Info

Registered
May 30, 2019
I knew relevant that it would happen, maybe not so quickly. I was pretty sure of it.

Believe me, I have tried absolutely everything. I didn't sleep last Wednesday night to chat with the owner of Castlevania and make the dream possible for the community.

I do not regret the announcement of its discovery. I would rather be remembered that he exists than to have seen him appear on ebay where the link and the photo of the auction would have spread all over the world. It wouldn't have changed anything.

His fate was already written and sealed.

Avoid talking about this sale, you will hurt yourself. We have to accept it ...

Diablodin

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
Donations
£70.00
Perhaps we can ask the seller to leave some contact info for the buyer, so after he's done playing it a little bit and got bored he can sell us a dump of it at the very least?

Reactions: Xaeroxcore

Blai

Registered
Oct 2, 2020
AGName
Blai
AG Join Date
Perhaps we can ask the seller to leave some contact info for the buyer, so after he's done playing it a little bit and got bored he can sell us a dump of it at the very least?

Fully agree

Make a donation