clueless

Original poster
Registered
Sep 5, 2019
AGName
snobgamergr
AG Join Date
29 August 2015
I just discovered that my controller won't vibrate on the first port. The other ports though work normally.

I tried to reflow the solder points both on the port and the ribbon cable, but nothing changed. Is there anything else I can try to fix this issue?
That specific board, had also a dead clock battery that I replaced

Reactions: GiroNeko

GiroNeko

Registered
Jul 3, 2021
Have you tried to check if there is any oxidation in the port (connector) itself? Because if your controller vibrates in any other port, the problem is probably port related then.

clueless

Original poster
Registered
Sep 5, 2019
AGName
snobgamergr
AG Join Date
29 August 2015
First thing I did, was clean the connector for any possible oxidation/dirt/grime . I also inspected it visually if there are any visible signs of oxidation.
Nothing seems to be wrong.

What I noticed though, is that it feels kinda loose when I plug-unplug a controller. All the other ports have a firmer grip.
If I had a desoldering gun I would try to swap the connectors from port 3 and 4 to the port 1 and 2

Shizzy

Registered
Jun 1, 2019
Do you have a multimeter? There should be 5V present on the top left pin on the controller port. Ground is top right. 5V is only used for Rumble. If there is no 5V it might be easier to just jump the 5V from another port with a wire.

Reactions: clueless

clueless

Original poster
Registered
Sep 5, 2019
AGName
snobgamergr
AG Join Date
29 August 2015
Do you have a multimeter? There should be 5V present on the top left pin on the controller port. Ground is top right. 5V is only used for Rumble. If there is no 5V it might be easier to just jump the 5V from another port with a wire.
I haven't even thought of that! I feel so naive for not thinking something simple like that :)

Make a donation