Another fundraiser..

This fundraiser is multiple lots we have been offered for our museum, most of these are extremely early systems, and many contain unreleased games and history that would other wise be lost.

The goal for this is split into groups, we have awhile to sort this one and lots would be paid as funded. The total includes paypal fee's added and shipping costs included excluding taxes, we put 10% as we're often charged different rates depending on donators locations.
Goal
£4,800.00
Received
£485.36
Latest donor
H Hazard
10%
Custom LBP Developer PS3 containing multiple unreleased games, and multiple alpha builds.
£1,300.00
An early prototype PlayStation 3 dev Kit, in an early shell design which includes a disc filled with build(s? exact contents unknown)
£1,230.00
3x Prototype XBOX's, plus a boxed system believed to be used at E3. + Misc items to be added that are unknown.
£1,230.00
Misc Nintendo systems.
£500.00
The above prices doesn't include paypal fees, please see goal amount for total with 10% added for fee's we're charged.
£0.00
Expenses
Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Custom OS on Readynas Duo v2

Original poster
I recently found a cheap Readynas Duo v2, although it's one of the scam one's Netgear released which is actually a Readynas Duo v1 still, unknown to me till yesterday -.-

I'm kinda mad in the fact they only use java for their desktop app and this one has a max of 2tb per bay apparently. I will not install java on my systems it's the most insecure crap in the world lol and should be banned.

With that said, is there any mods/hacks that would allow me to install plain old linux on one of these? it seems to have jtag ports on the back too which looks promising. I don't feel happy just giving it away/binning and even if I can stick plain old linux on I'd be happy. Even a custom nas os would work long as it can be used.

Any help would be appreciated thank you!

Traace

Jun 5, 2019
AGName
Traace
AG Join Date
Nov 22, 2016
Debian should work. http://natisbad.org/nas-kernels/index.html

Latest kernel is 4.4.1. So I suggest build a up 2 date 5.X kernel from source.

The 2TB limit can depend on two things here:
1. The Readynas Duo v2 can't address more than 2tb due its SATA chipset still uses 32-bit logic
2. Your HDDs are formatted as MBR, it can't handle drives bigger than 2TB by default. Switch to GPT

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1

Original poster
Thanks Traace, will give this ago when I get a free moment. It's odd they released the V1's again as V2's that's the annoying bit. When I bought I assumed it was the USB3 model, then I saw Java was needed just to control ?

• Haha
Reactions: Traace

Another fundraiser..

This fundraiser is multiple lots we have been offered for our museum, most of these are extremely early systems, and many contain unreleased games and history that would other wise be lost.

The goal for this is split into groups, we have awhile to sort this one and lots would be paid as funded. The total includes paypal fee's added and shipping costs included excluding taxes, we put 10% as we're often charged different rates depending on donators locations.
Goal
£4,800.00
Received
£485.36
Latest donor
H Hazard
10%
Custom LBP Developer PS3 containing multiple unreleased games, and multiple alpha builds.
£1,300.00
An early prototype PlayStation 3 dev Kit, in an early shell design which includes a disc filled with build(s? exact contents unknown)
£1,230.00
3x Prototype XBOX's, plus a boxed system believed to be used at E3. + Misc items to be added that are unknown.
£1,230.00
Misc Nintendo systems.
£500.00
The above prices doesn't include paypal fees, please see goal amount for total with 10% added for fee's we're charged.
£0.00
Expenses