Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

MD Cut content of the Aladdin - Final Cut

Metal64

Original poster
Aug 3, 2022
I was hacking the re-release of the Genesis Aladdin game and I find a lot of unused/hidden content in the game.

To begin in with, I found a unused text sprite writed "final cut"

I also found a picture of a kid face in the game

I also found a lot of the cut enemies like the prisoner, sword swallowe, the rolling snake, the golden monkey statue and iago flamingo.

all these enemies were planned to appear in the original version of the game, but they all got scrapped for some reason. In this article they talk about the cut contents for the original aladdin game, those fives enemies are inclued in the article.

I also found a new type of enemy iago, he uses the same sprites as the normal iago in the game, but has a different behavior. Instead of flying right to left in a infinite loop, this iago flies nonstop to the right.

There is also a unused projectile in the game, its looks like some type of gem. It has the same data Id as the knives (31).

another cut content is two giant hands of the genie, when those two hands clap together they release some type of magic. This magic don't damage you, but when it enter in contacts you start to descend in the ground

similar when you stand in the palm trees (2 stage) or when you touch the blue lines in the 8 stage

palm tree
fPGvyMI.png

blue lines
MAe1U4s.png

hogsy

Donator
Donator
Apr 13, 2020
Donations
£100.00
AGName
hogsy
Maybe it's just me but a lot of your images aren't showing? With the exception of the last two.

ItsMeMario

Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
When did this re-release show up ? Why ? Where ? By whom ? Enlighten me please :D

Metal64

Original poster
Aug 3, 2022
When did this re-release show up ? Why ? Where ? By whom ? Enlighten me please :D
It got re-released on october of 2019 in the game "Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King". Later the rom of the final cut version got dumped on the internet.

ItsMeMario

Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
Thank you, I love stories about old cartridges.

So the re-release had all that final-cut stuff in it as well ?

deadlegion

Registered
Feb 16, 2021
Thank you, I love stories about old cartridges.

I believe the rom was ripped from the Switch release.

There's a "Remix" (Final cut with Color Hack) version of this rom floating around now (like in the last 6 months).

Metal64

Original poster
Aug 3, 2022
A lot of cut enemies are included in the game code, but it didnt get used in game.

I believe the rom was ripped from the Switch release.

There's a "Remix" (Final cut with Color Hack) version of this rom floating around now (like in the last 6 months).
I don't know if was in the pc, switch or ps4 but they made a tutorial about how to ripped the rom

Metal64

Original poster
Aug 3, 2022

0:00 to 0:06 The intro where the genie shoots iago has been removed from the new version, however all entities are present in the intro are still present in the game's code. The entities are:

1. the genie
  2. Iago
  3. the feathers of iago
  4. stars that appears in the head of iago
  5. a clock
oxWkRIC.png
vBvnAIG.png
UKiBoon.png
ZG0VSRl.png

Metal64

Original poster
Aug 3, 2022
I did some patches for this game where I restore some cut enemies

Aladdin (USA) (Final Cut) - rolling snakes

this is a simple patch that replace the green snake to the rolling snakes (cut enemy)

Aladdin (USA) (Final Cut) - sword swallower

This is a simple patch that replace the knife juggler to the sword swallower (cut enemy)

Aladdin (USA) (Final Cut) - prisoner

This is a simple patch that replace the skeleton to the prisoner (cut enemy)

Aladdin (USA) (Final Cut) - golden monkey statue

This is a simple patch that replace the shiva statue to the golden monkey statue (cut enemy)

The link of the patches are in the description of the videos

Keep in mind that you need a Aladdin (USA) (Final Cut) rom in .MD format to apply those patches. Those 4 patches are compatible with each other, so you can play this 4 patches in one rom if you desire. You will need LunarIps to apply those patches

download LunarIps
or

Getta Robo

Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
Getta Robo
AG Join Date
Sep 29, 2008
Congratulations for your efforts @Metal64 !
Just been curious, have you also tried to look out for any unused data on the Amiga 1200 and PC Aladdin versions?

Reactions: Metal64

Make a donation