Here are some links you may find helpful

Debugging on PS2, without a DTL-T10K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksparw

Original poster
May 12, 2020
Hi all,
I've recently gotten interested in writing some code for the PS2 again, just as an exercise and out of curiosity. While I've managed to get the toolchain set up and integrated in my IDE of choice (CLion), I'm currently stuck on finding some way to debug my code. I would kill for a DTL-T10K, but unfortunately living in New Zealand makes that all but impossible for me.

The RDB startup card works fine for what it does - allowing me to use the DSNET tools - but I'm looking for a way to get proper debugging functionality, with breakpoints, variable inspection, etc. I've attempted to use the PS2SDK project's GDB stub, but unfortunately it's not compatible with recent versions of GDB (10.1, in my case), and I haven't been able to compile older, known-working versions such as GDB 6.3. Other SDKs, such as CodeWarrior or ProDG, will not connect to the RDB console.

Does anybody else have experience with getting PS2GDB working?

ksparw

Original poster
May 12, 2020
Managed to compile GDB 6.3. Unfortunately, still no dice. There's a constant spam of "GDBSTUBERROR:: Accept failed" in the ps2client log, and while GDB attempts to connect, it repeatedly says "Ignoring packet error", until it eventually times out.

Obsidian

NZ PS2 Collector
Donator
Registered
Jun 4, 2019
ps2apps.com
AGName
PS2Guy
AG Join Date
Jan 19, 2011
Got a debugging station & ProDG?

I actually just sold my DTL-T10000H and sadly it got destroyed in transit to the states.

I wasn't aware of any other collectors from NZ.

ksparw

Original poster
May 12, 2020
Got a debugging station & ProDG?

I actually just sold my DTL-T10000H and sadly it got destroyed in transit to the states.

I wasn't aware of any other collectors from NZ.
Wouldn't consider myself a collector, personally - I'm more just interested in straight up development. Sad to hear about your T10K - that's why I was never particularly interested in buying them from overseas, even when I did have the money for it.

Unfortunately I don't have any kind of dev hardware, I only have a retail PS2 with a network adapter. I do have ProDG, but it won't connect to my retail PS2 using the Retail Debugging cartridge.

Obsidian

NZ PS2 Collector
Donator
Registered
Jun 4, 2019
ps2apps.com
AGName
PS2Guy
AG Join Date
Jan 19, 2011
Wouldn't consider myself a collector, personally - I'm more just interested in straight up development. Sad to hear about your T10K - that's why I was never particularly interested in buying them from overseas, even when I did have the money for it.

Unfortunately I don't have any kind of dev hardware, I only have a retail PS2 with a network adapter. I do have ProDG, but it won't connect to my retail PS2 using the Retail Debugging cartridge.
Have you tried Kermit then?

It's debugging software for retail machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Make a donation