Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

DECR-1000A Dead HDMI Port Fix?

Klonopin

Original poster
Registered
Feb 24, 2020
The main HDMI Port on my PS3 DECR-1000A is dead. It’s been dead for a year. It was shorted out by an HDMI Splitter. I realized recently that there is a second hidden HDMI port. It’s covered with tape. I removed the tape and tried using it but it doesn’t output any video. Any chance I can enable that port somehow? I watched the H4G Video where they explained how later updates removed support for this HDMI Port, but considering I’m on Rebug 4.84 DECR LE, and considering the port isn’t dead, I am 99.9% sure there is a way to get it working again on newer updates. I just don’t know how as I’m not a developer. I can use Component and VGA just fine but the resolutions suck. It’s worse than Component on Xbox 360. I think it’s a useful thing to look into for future reference, I’m just not skilled enough to do it.

Tokimemofan

Registered
May 30, 2019
You may have to just get the hdmi encoder ic replaced. There is a high likelihood that like other unsupported components it may not be possible to just reconfigure it to use the other port on any recent practical to use firmware

Reactions: SOLDERIRON

Klonopin

Original poster
Registered
Feb 24, 2020
You may have to just get the hdmi encoder ic replaced. There is a high likelihood that like other unsupported components it may not be possible to just reconfigure it to use the other port on any recent practical to use firmware
I don't see why it would be impossible if firmwares with compatibility exist. If stock DECR PS3 System Software can do it, albeit older software, I would assume Rebug 4.84.1 DECR LE can be modified to support it. Someone just needs to figure out how. I'd desolder both ports and solder port 1 where port 0 is located if I was skilled enough to solder and desolder very small metal points. I can only solder chips to consoles. I'd pay someone to do it if shipping + repairs weren't so expensive that I'd be more worth it to just buy another reference tool so that I can release whatever's on it. I also feel like it's redundant to do it when I don't see why it's impossible to the point of trying to figure it out is pointless.... I'm just not skilled enough to figure it out.

Reactions: JumpSuit

JumpSuit

Community Contributor
Registered
Nov 12, 2019
I don't see why it would be impossible if firmwares with compatibility exist. If stock DECR PS3 System Software can do it, albeit older software, I would assume Rebug 4.84.1 DECR LE can be modified to support it. Someone just needs to figure out how. I'd desolder both ports and solder port 1 where port 0 is located if I was skilled enough to solder and desolder very small metal points. I can only solder chips to consoles. I'd pay someone to do it if shipping + repairs weren't so expensive that I'd be more worth it to just buy another reference tool so that I can release whatever's on it. I also feel like it's redundant to do it when I don't see why it's impossible to the point of trying to figure it out is pointless.... I'm just not skilled enough to figure it out.
I like this idea, If I did have my own DECR 1000A to work on, if I recall I saw in the og discord 0.90 (decr?) firmware can output dual hdmis... unless it was just prototyped and scrapped. In theory if compared with this REBUG 4.84.1 and modified the code from the 0.90 pup to add onto the "missing" piece for this to work on newer firmwares, of course it has to be resigned with the proper keys etc. But I believe with enough research it is doable to revive.

Klonopin

Original poster
Registered
Feb 24, 2020
I like this idea, If I did have my own DECR 1000A to work on, if I recall I saw in the og discord 0.90 (decr?) firmware can output dual hdmis... unless it was just prototyped and scrapped. In theory if compared with this REBUG 4.84.1 and modified the code from the 0.90 pup to add onto the "missing" piece for this to work on newer firmwares, of course it has to be resigned with the proper keys etc. But I believe with enough research it is doable to revive.
I'd commission someone to figure this out.... not just for my own sake.... but for anyone else who may have this issue. The default port is beyond simple repair at this point. Soldering the other one there seems like the option that requires less research but beyond my soldering skill level and too expensive to get shipped and repaired. I'd rather someone figure out how to enable it.

Klonopin

Original poster
Registered
Feb 24, 2020
Apparently the other connector is mentioned in sysconf_plugin.rco on Rebug 4.84.1 DECR LE

JumpSuit

Community Contributor
Registered
Nov 12, 2019
Apparently the other connector is mentioned in sysconf_plugin.rco on Rebug 4.84.1 DECR LE
If that's the case the work may already be laid out for you to trigger some config option or internal switch... I'd imagine something in rebug toolbox might have something but i wouldn't know without testing myself ofc.

Klonopin

Original poster
Registered
Feb 24, 2020
If that's the case the work may already be laid out for you to trigger some config option or internal switch... I'd imagine something in rebug toolbox might have something but i wouldn't know without testing myself ofc.
Nah they don’t have it. I know that settings are triggered somehow through RCO Files and it’s easy to decrypt and compile them.

Code:
    <Text name="msg_tool_home_debug">Home Debug</Text>
    <Text name="msg_tool_port_select">Select a connector.</Text>
    <Text name="msg_tool_hdmi_0">HDMI 0</Text>
    <Text name="msg_tool_hdmi_1">HDMI 1</Text>
    <Text name="msg_tool_hdmi_2">HDMI 2</Text>

Not sure how I’d get it to trigger tho

Last edited:

JumpSuit

Community Contributor
Registered
Nov 12, 2019
Wonder if Target Manager might help... I doubt it is a controller button combo press... maybe keyboard input?... Hard to really tell...

Jerich0

Registered
Feb 4, 2020
I thought only prototypes unit of decr1000 have the second hdmi enable, don’t know if regurlar decr1000 can do that too

Klonopin

Original poster
Registered
Feb 24, 2020
I thought only prototypes unit of decr1000 have the second hdmi enable, don’t know if regurlar decr1000 can do that too
No idea. The port exists though. It seems to exist in 4.84.1 Rebug DECR LE so I’d assume there’s a way to trigger the setting.

Klonopin

Original poster
Registered
Feb 24, 2020
Wonder if Target Manager might help... I doubt it is a controller button combo press... maybe keyboard input?... Hard to really tell...
There’s an option for setting monitor settings but the only HDMI Setting will use HDMI 0 which is the broken port and not HDMI 1 which is the working one. It’s almost as if when they set monitor settings they automatically chose port 0 and they don’t give you the option to switch. I think you can Theoretically change it through homebrew That’s not been developed yet but not officially.

Klonopin

Original poster
Registered
Feb 24, 2020
Got it to display somehow but only temporarily in debug mode with either a fuzzy screen or black screen.

Component also gives me a black screen sometimes in debug mode.

Those black screens aren’t no input screens either. The fuzzy screen could have been my HDMI Cable as that cable does that on my XDKs too.

I think I was using PS3CTRL which is in the SDK and I was using the setdisp option to change the connector to an invalid option.

I think this situation is similar to OtherOS. The option is removed but with CFW you can re enable support. The difference is nobody wrote something that can change the display settings to that port. I can’t do that as I barely know C++ Or any programming language but I’d definitely commission someone if they figure it out.

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
why not use multi AV out to HDMI?
coz dual HDMI only on old GPU firmware ver , it a hardware active on GPU it self , ;)

Klonopin

Original poster
Registered
Feb 24, 2020
why not use multi AV out to HDMI?
coz dual HDMI only on old GPU firmware ver , it a hardware active on GPU it self , ;)
You sure it’s only on old Firmware? I mean have you checked Rebug 4.84.1 DECR LE? I’m only asking cuz I wouldn’t know how to figure that out. I feel like it’s the case of OtherOS where the feature can’t be enabled in the XMB but can be modded In through CFW and Homebrew. I mean if one firmware can do it I don’t see why another firmware can’t. I don’t see why they’d bother to erase all traces of the second HDMI port on newer updates either when it’s easier to just remove the option from System Settings > Display.

SOLDERIRON

Registered
Oct 29, 2019
AGName
UNICOLLECTOR01
AG Join Date
29/10/2019
The main HDMI Port on my PS3 DECR-1000A is dead. It’s been dead for a year. It was shorted out by an HDMI Splitter. I realized recently that there is a second hidden HDMI port. It’s covered with tape. I removed the tape and tried using it but it doesn’t output any video. Any chance I can enable that port somehow? I watched the H4G Video where they explained how later updates removed support for this HDMI Port, but considering I’m on Rebug 4.84 DECR LE, and considering the port isn’t dead, I am 99.9% sure there is a way to get it working again on newer updates. I just don’t know how as I’m not a developer. I can use Component and VGA just fine but the resolutions suck. It’s worse than Component on Xbox 360. I think it’s a useful thing to look into for future reference, I’m just not skilled enough to do it.

SOLDERIRON

Registered
Oct 29, 2019
AGName
UNICOLLECTOR01
AG Join Date
29/10/2019
Hi where are you from? I repair ps3s and I have owned multiple decr 1000a s and still own one, I can swap your hdmi port and swap your hdmi chip which is probably your issue, message me

Make a donation