Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

PS3 DECR-1000A Preventive Maintenance Steps ?

supersega

Donator
Donator
Registered
Nov 25, 2019
AGName
supersega
AG Join Date
Jul 25, 2014
Really depends on how deep we're getting here. Some things off the top of my head...

-New thermal pads / paste for the coolers.
-Replace clock battery (or remove if you're trying to preserve it).
-Check HDD SMART status, possibly also make a working backup.
-Dust it.
-Visual inspection of non-solid capacitors. Maybe replace them, it could have been made during the time of the capacitor plague...

Tokimemofan

Registered
May 30, 2019
Really depends on how deep we're getting here. Some things off the top of my head...

-Dust it.
-Visual inspection of non-solid capacitors. Maybe replace them, it could have been made during the time of the capacitor plague...
I would disagree on the thermal pads, these use pyrolytic carbon pads that need little maintenance. You should remove the cover and dust out the heatsink though. Also remove the air filter and clean it out regularly. Backup any contents on the hard drives. Be careful with the USB and wireless antenna ports and the compact flash eject pin those are very easy to break.

Reactions: pool7

ShadowDog

Original poster
Sep 8, 2020

-Dust it.
Any way of easily detecting if the capacitors are from that plague ?

Make a donation