Dreamcast Demolish Fist on Dreamcast - Extreme Hunting 2 - 5/12

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
I'm really looking forward to them porting Maximum Speed - my local arcade has that game, and I really like it. They'll probably do it eventually. I hope that maybe these ports will inspire and/or help someone to figure out a way to port at least some Naomi games to the DC as well. That's a little more complicated due to the extra memory, but not impossible. I'd love to be able to play games like Wave Runner GP and Monkey Ball on the DC.

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006

Flash

Jun 2, 2019
AGName
Flash
AG Join Date
Oct 19, 2011
Cool! I’ll have to check that out soon, although there’s probably not a CDI version yet. I guess it’s technically possible to load a GDI file from a disc, but I can’t use my DC right away anyway - so I’ll just wait for the CDI version.
I'm not sure if it's possible to play all converted games from actual disc. Because those games were designed for ROM cartridges which have waaaay faster read speeds, especially when it comes to random reads of small files. I mean... it's possible to make them to run but there will be hiccups for sure.

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
I'm not sure if it's possible to play all converted games from actual disc. Because those games were designed for ROM cartridges which have waaaay faster read speeds, especially when it comes to random reads of small files. I mean... it's possible to make them to run but there will be hiccups for sure.

They've converted at least a few of them already. I've haven't tried any of them yet, though.

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019

Sushi Bar. Incredibly fun and addictive!

Americandad

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
Americandad
AG Join Date
July 4, 2011
Is it really GGX1.5? I thought it was the normal GGX, which already recieved an official port?

Americandad

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
Americandad
AG Join Date
July 4, 2011
arcade versions have always been better than console versions
Not really? Most of the time home ports got additional content.

The exception being arcade exclusive updates, like this seems to be.

Either way, thanks again for your hard work. 🤘

Last edited:

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019

So weird but somehow fun

Make a donation