Diagrams for ModBo 745 for PS2 motherboard GH-037-31

Vorde

Original poster
Registered
Nov 18, 2019
AGName
Vorde
Good Afternoon,
A colleague and I are trying to install a modbo 745 modchip onto a PS2 motherboard with this part number (GH-037-31).
Upon looking up said instructions we haven't been able to find the diagrams to wire it properly to the board
Parts of the diagram are wrong or for another kind of motherboard, and ModBo 4.0 not a ModBo 745.
If anyone could help point me in the right direction or give some diagrams to use, that would be amazing.
Thanks guys!

supersega

Donator
Donator
Registered
Nov 25, 2019
AGName
supersega
AG Join Date
Jul 25, 2014
Fairly certain that the Modbo 745 won't work on that board. I did find this link on Modbo's official site but there's no mention of the GH-037-31, only the GH-037-41.

Mord.Fustang

Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
Mord.Fustang
AG Join Date
Feb 17, 2013
I don't have the answer for you but check these out, there's a good collection of diagrams here. You may have already seen these... just trying to help.

Here's the closest one I could find. It's for Modbo 4.0 but the pins should be (mostly?) the same.

Maybe if we have a pic of the board we can take a look.

supersega

Donator
Donator
Registered
Nov 25, 2019
AGName
supersega
AG Join Date
Jul 25, 2014
I don't have the answer for you but check these out, there's a good collection of diagrams here. You may have already seen these... just trying to help.

Here's the closest one I could find. It's for Modbo 4.0 but the pins should be (mostly?) the same.

Maybe if we have a pic of the board we can take a look.

Not very helpful pictures sadly. The pinout between the 745 and the 4.0 is very different.

Reactions: Vorde

Bad_Ad84

Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Bad_Ad84
AG Join Date
26/05/2011
By very different, you mean 1 pin?

Modbo 4 and 745 have same point outs except for z point as that doesn't exist on the 4.0

Oddly enough, the same points are used over and over again on all the mod chips. Almost as if those are the connections to patch to get the desired result.

Z is available on the modbo 760, so if there is an install for that then you can follow that too.

Reactions: Mord.Fustang

supersega

Donator
Donator
Registered
Nov 25, 2019
AGName
supersega
AG Join Date
Jul 25, 2014
By very different, you mean 1 pin?

Modbo 4 and 745 have same point outs except for z point as that doesn't exist on the 4.0

Oddly enough, the same points are used over and over again on all the mod chips. Almost as if those are the connections to patch to get the desired result.

Z is available on the modbo 760, so if there is an install for that then you can follow that too.

Man, you love sarcasm lol. Guess you learn something new every day...

EDIT: I see also that the Z pin isn't mentioned on the instructions for the 745/760, because there are none for that GH motherboard.

EDIT 2: @Bad_Ad84 any instructions you have for the 760? Modbo groups in the 745/760 into 1 install document.

Last edited:

Make a donation