gorgyrip

Original poster
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
gorgyrip
AG Join Date
26 octomber 2007
I just found out that the digiblast had 2 versions: netherlands and italian.
Can some one post some clear pics of the pcb for netherlands version?

How to identify it?
Start the console with a video cart like winx club. When you see the episodes menu, hold Select and press A. Now you can change the language. You should see english, french, netherlands and turkish. Italian consoles only have italian and spanish.

How to open it.
Remove the 2 screws holding the battery cover. The cover is glued on top so you'll have to force it a little. The batteries are also glued. Inside there are 2 screws. The console has another 2 screws on the outside. Now you can pull it apart. You can now lift the pcb and the screen.

deadlegion

Registered
Feb 16, 2021
The "Netherlands" version should be the main version as the dev for this console was Australian iirc.
Sorry, I don't have one.

Reactions: gorgyrip

gorgyrip

Original poster
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
gorgyrip
AG Join Date
26 octomber 2007
Everyone that I asked, has the italian version.

deadlegion

Registered
Feb 16, 2021
Yes if you look around most of the games and consoles for sale are Italian (and I guess Spanish).

I should've said the Italian/Spanish board could be a later version, or maybe just the same board with languages swapped due to lack of space (it was a low budget console).
Actually I would be very surprised if there are any hardware differences, why waste money having different hardware variants?

An Australian company wouldn't develop a console with Italian/Spanish languages only.
Also, the manufacturer was Dutch.

I'm only thinking you might be looking for physical differences that don't exist.

gorgyrip

Original poster
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
gorgyrip
AG Join Date
26 octomber 2007
I'm hoping that the region can be changed in hardware. There are a quite a few resistors on the motherboard. And empty spaces near them. It's like one footprint is pullup and the one next to it it's pull down. But all of them are 0402 (too small for my eyes). I tried my luck and removed R73. The console doesn't turn on anymore. I placed in R65. Doesn't power on.
I've attached a picture of my italian board.

Attachments

• rezistori.jpg
    rezistori.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0

deadlegion

Registered
Feb 16, 2021
Interesting.
So are you saying that this is related to US release version?

gorgyrip

Original poster
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
gorgyrip
AG Join Date
26 octomber 2007
I didn't even knew there was a USA version. Someone on youtube posted a video of winx club. He said that there are only 2 console verisons: netherlands and italian. And the language is determined by the console, all the carts are the same. BTW, his winx club has netherlands, french, english and turkish. I have over 10 winx club carts. All have italian and spanish. Plus a few more with yu gi oh, sponge bob, all with only italian and spanish.
That's why i'm looking for a netherlands motherboard picture and now an USA will do just fine. I want to change my console to english.
Another interesting thing is cart pin 4. In the cart that pin is pulled up by R1(10K - present) and pulled down by R3 (missing).
I removed R1, the console powers on, the language is still ita/spa. I placed the resistor in R3, the console doesn't power on.
There's a chance that the resistors in the console are in a different position and also that resistor is different in the cart. And without pictures i can't find that out.

deadlegion

Registered
Feb 16, 2021
There was going to be a US release in 2006 or whatever but it never happened officially afaik. The console was already a flop and couldn't compete against competition.
I've been doing some reading (translating from Dutch) and the Dutch/French (also available in Belgium) etc version really does seem to be the first one, then there's mention of a "redesign" for the Italian market.
Then that was the end of it.
It would make sense that most consoles and games left around now are Italian as that was the last market and they would've got rid of as much as they could.

But I was wondering if what you're seeing are board provisions for NTSC market.
The console is technically capable of being hooked up to a tv somehow? (either by itself or through an official adapter)

gorgyrip

Original poster
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
gorgyrip
AG Join Date
26 octomber 2007
Yes, there's an adapter that outputs composite.

deadlegion

Registered
Feb 16, 2021
Yes, there's an adapter that outputs composite.
The US version board would need to be different, for NTSC 60Hz.
That might be what you're seeing different... possibly.

About the console language... from when I first posted here I was thinking about the boards having different languages.
First they crammed a bunch in but had no more room (Dutch/English version)
Italian/Spanish was the last market and they left it like that without bothering adding a couple more (or even just adding English, which is odd).

This was a cheap console remember.

You might not be able to enable the other languages like you can with a Mega Drive or whatever.

gorgyrip

Original poster
Registered
Jun 17, 2019
AGName
gorgyrip
AG Join Date
26 octomber 2007
You are right about 60hz. But... I don't think the space was an issue. The console uses a samsung ocean arm. And the language is in the cart. The console only allows you to select it. At least that's the information i got so far. Maybe someday I'll find a console that plays in english.

I've also found these 2 LQ pictures. Mine has the same code as the VIC-2A one.
Notice 0543 vs 0542. And that on the sticker "1" is marked.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 0
  • vic-2a.jpg
    vic-2a.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Make a donation