Original poster
Donator
Registered
Sep 1, 2018
AGName
pool7
AG Join Date
2008/03/04
I'm copying my own thread from AG; hopefully it'll be useful to someone (either now or in the future).

DISCLAIMER:
By accessing/reading/using/etc the link below, you agree and understand the following:
-This is being done with research/education/preservation in mind
-This is a constant work-in-progress, and as such information will be added/modified/fixed as time permits. I may abandon this at any time and there's nothing you can do about it
-No link(s) will be provided for anything in the list
-I do not know where to find this stuff
-PMs requesting any of the items will be automatically trashed
-The list was created by searching various resources; some may be listed, others not.
-I do not claim any information to be true or accurate, but I trust the sources I compiled this from.
-I encourage people downloading this spreadsheet to keep a local copy/backup, but please DO NOT post it elsewhere nor create your own version from this.

Below is a link to a Google Sheets spreadsheet where I will try to document all versions of all SDKs and related software (and hardware?) for several consoles.
The list was originally going to be software only, but I added a Hardware tab as well; focus will remain on software for now.
I'm currently working on the stuff I know and like (All PlayStations and DC), but the idea is to expand to as many consoles as possible.
Feel free to provide information you feel should be added, as well as suggestions to modify what's already in there, or simply to better organize the data.
The sheet will NOT be editable by anyone other then myself, to avoid trouble; however you can add comments to it, or you can reply to this thread and I'll check it out as regularly as I can.
If you provide information (either new, or something that needs to be changed), please try to provide a source/proof; otherwise I may list that information as 'inaccurate' or similar.

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xa2wPyyM2SEJ5EsqXyGIy41ubixZ29QU0WYOBUlKQhA/edit?usp=sharing

I still have lots of stuff to add, but thought I'd share it anyway.
I may not keep track of changes and stuff, at least until I get to a point where I feel comfortable with it.

Probable FAQs:

Q: What's the scope of this?
A: SDKs for Video Game Consoles, both 1st and 3rd party.

Q: This project makes no sense. Who could be interested in this?
A: I don't know, maybe just me/myself/I. I'm just posting it out there; if you don't like it or don't care, ignore it.

Q: Why are some columns missing obvious information?
A: Because this is still a work-in-progress, and it's in early stages. I may even change the organization of the data later on to something completely different.

Q: Can I copy your spreadsheet and create my own?
A: Read the disclaimer. Although I can't prevent you from doing this, I discourage it. The idea behind this is to have a single place where this stuff is documented. If people start cloning this with their own additions, it will be a mess.

Q: Can you add a list of 'X' or a column that documents 'Y'?
A: Depending on what X or Y are, yes. Also, depending on the time/effort required.

Q: I already have a list of 'X' that you could add as a column/sheet.
A: Not a question, but feel free to post it here or PM me and I'll consider it (ie. it has to be meaningful and related to the information already included)

Q: Why are there no games/demo discs listed?
A: Because they're not in the scope of this "project".

Q: What about retail hardware information?
A: Not in scope at the moment; I may add it later, but all dev stuff will have priority over this.

Attachments

• VGC Dev_20180715_rename_to_zip.docx
    49.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

pool7

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Sep 1, 2018
AGName
pool7
AG Join Date
2008/03/04
Totally forgot about this.
Since I don't know when I'll be able to continue work on this, I have attached the spreadsheet for anyone that wants to have a local copy.
Do with it as you please.

Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q_kXbKUumsaXFTQBnGBagti4rji2hJU3/view?usp=sharing

Attachments

• VGC Dev_20180715_rename_to_zip.docx
    49.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: T_chan and HI_RICKY

Make a donation