Original poster
Donator
Registered
Sep 1, 2018
AGName
pool7
AG Join Date
2008/03/04
Migrating from AG; hope to soon add several items to the spreadsheet and do some formatting + cleanup...

DISCLAIMER:
By accessing/reading/using/etc the link below, you agree and understand the following:
-This is being done with research/education/preservation in mind
-This is a constant work-in-progress, and as such information will be added/modified/fixed as time permits. I may abandon this at any time and there's nothing you can do about it
-This is being posted to ASSEMblergames.com ObscureGamers.com only; you're free to share elsewhere as long as you link to this ObscureGamers thread (NOT the spreadsheet) as a source.
-No link(s) will be provided for anything in the list
-I do not know where to find this stuff
-PMs requesting any of the items will be automatically trashed
-The list was created by searching various resources; some may be listed, others not.
-I do not claim any information to be true or accurate, but I trust the sources I compiled this from.
-I encourage people downloading this spreadsheet to keep a local copy/backup, but please DO NOT post it elsewhere nor create your own version from this.

Below is a link to a Google Sheets spreadsheet where I will try to document all versions of all SDKs and related software (and hardware?) for several consoles.
The list was originally going to be software only, but I added a Hardware tab as well; focus will remain on software for now.
I'm currently working on the stuff I know and like (All PlayStations and DC), but the idea is to expand to as many consoles as possible.
Feel free to provide information you feel should be added, as well as suggestions to modify what's already in there, or simply to better organize the data.
The sheet will NOT be editable by anyone other then myself, to avoid trouble; however you can add comments to it, or you can reply to this thread and I'll check it out as regularly as I can.
If you provide information (either new, or something that needs to be changed), please try to provide a source/proof; otherwise I may list that information as 'inaccurate' or similar.

I still have lots of stuff to add, but thought I'd share it anyway.
I may not keep track of changes and stuff, at least until I get to a point where I feel comfortable with it.

Probable FAQs:

Q: What's the scope of this?
A: SDKs and development tools (HW and SW) for Video Game Consoles, both 1st and 3rd party.

Q: This project makes no sense. Who could be interested in this?
A: I don't know, maybe just me/myself/I. I'm just posting it out there; if you don't like it or don't care, ignore it.

Q: Why are some columns missing obvious information?
A: Because this is still a work-in-progress, and it's in early stages. I may even change the organization of the data later on to something completely different.

Q: Can I copy your spreadsheet and create my own?
A: Read the disclaimer. Although I can't prevent you from doing this, I discourage it. The idea behind this is to have a single place where this stuff is documented. If people start cloning this with their own additions, it will be a mess.

Q: Can you add a list of 'X' or a column that documents 'Y'?
A: Depending on what X or Y are, yes. Also, depending on the time/effort required.

Q: I already have a list of 'X' that you could add as a column/sheet.
A: Not a question, but feel free to post it here or PM me and I'll consider it (ie. it has to be meaningful and related to the information already included)

Q: Why are there no games/demo discs listed?
A: Because they're not in the scope of this "project".

Q: What about retail hardware information?
A: Not in scope at the moment; I may add it later, but all dev stuff will have priority over this.

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
please add : DTL-S560 PS-X Programmer Tool Runtime Library 1.0 , CD

Reactions: pool7

unclejun

Registered
Jun 6, 2019
AGName
unclejun
AG Join Date
Nov 12, 2005
I was thinking of revamping the DTL_archive a bit and making two threads based on it in the Sony section, one per system, to not mix PS1 and PS2 together, with pictures of the entries, if available.

As it is yet, I think your spreadsheet is not easily readable, it needs numerical order, clear separations between systems and more categories, like a "Documentation" tab maybe, but as you said, it's work in progress, i'm sure you have good plans for it.

Also, and that's only a minor thing, I can't say I like your disclaimer about not being allowed to clone your spreadsheet and add modifications, it seems like it would prevent me from doing what I want to as stated above without creating competition between an old list and yours that has a way bigger scope.

Anyway, good luck with your spreadsheet, i never wanted to add later Sony systems to the list Golberg started cause I'd have to change its name from DTL_archive to Sony_Dev_archive or something.

Last edited:

pool7

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Sep 1, 2018
AGName
pool7
AG Join Date
2008/03/04
please add : DTL-S560 PS-X Programmer Tool Runtime Library 1.0 , CD
Will add it later today; thanks!
Do you happen to have a picture of the disc? :)

I was thinking of revamping the DTL_archive a bit and making two threads based on it in the Sony section, one per system, to not mix PS1 and PS2 together, with pictures of the entries, if available.
I thought of adding pictures, but it doesn't seem like a good idea to embed them in the spreadsheet.

As it is yet, I think your spreadsheet is not easily readable, it needs numerical order, clear separations between systems and more categories, like a "Documentation" tab maybe, but as you said, it's work in progress, i'm sure you have good plans for it.
It is a bit messy as of now; however the idea is that you use the spreadsheet's filtering capabilities to choose the system you're interested in and see only the corresponding items. I though of splitting them one console per sheet, but that didn't seem practical... I may change this if others prefer it this way.

Also, and that's only a minor thing, I can't say I like your disclaimer about not being allowed to clone your spreadsheet and add modifications, it seems like it would prevent me from doing what I want to as stated above without creating competition between an old list and yours that has a way bigger scope.
I guess I didn't word it correctly in the disclaimer; as is mentioned in the FAQ, the idea is to keep a single&centralize spreadsheet that people can reference. If many people start cloning and modifying their own and posting everywhere, it'll be a mess then to merge everything as well as keep track of which is more complete and/or latest.
Although I cannot prevent this, I just discourage it. I'll reword the disclaimer later to reflect this.
I do accept suggestions and feedback on formatting, and anything you can think could be better.

Anyway, good luck with your spreadsheet, i never wanted to add later Sony systems to the list Golberg started cause I'd have to change its name from DTL_archive to Sony_Dev_archive or something.
Thanks!
I just wanted to have one file where I could easily and quickly check if a specific dev item/version exists (along with interesting notes if applicable); although Sony (and specifically PS1, PS2 and PSP) are my main interests, it made sense to add as many consoles as I could.
The DTL_archive by Goldberg and you was the inspiration for this, and is still valuable.

Awbacon

Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Publicly available for the 3DO M2 is the 2.7 SDK and 3.2 SDK. I dumped and released 3.1 recently.

I don’t own any dev hardware but I can run the SDK on OS 9 w/o it. No way to test code outside compiling a disc and testing on my M2, but the SDK files do work :)

pool7

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Sep 1, 2018
AGName
pool7
AG Join Date
2008/03/04
Thanks! I'd really like to see a picture of your collection of Sony dev discs (CDs, floppies, etc).

Publicly available for the 3DO M2 is the 2.7 SDK and 3.2 SDK. I dumped and released 3.1 recently.

I don’t own any dev hardware but I can run the SDK on OS 9 w/o it. No way to test code outside compiling a disc and testing on my M2, but the SDK files do work :)
Thanks; will add these as well.

Awbacon

Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Thanks! I'd really like to see a picture of your collection of Sony dev discs (CDs, floppies, etc).

Thanks; will add these as well.

I meant 3.1 SDK in both spots. 3.2 was a typo :)

psx-collector

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jun 4, 2019
Donations
£5.00
AGName
Twilight
AG Join Date
Dec 7, 2007
I created my own DTL list but I still can't confirm some things. I need labels to name these things correctly and to confirm the others like DTL-H1040 and DTL-H1050. Does anybody have any pictures of these things?

I guess that DTL-D500 was the box with several folders.

DTL-S280
DTL-D280
DTL-S285
DTL-D285
DTL-D500
DTL-S590
DTL-S810
DTL-H1040
DTL-H1050
DTL-S2180
DTL-S2710
DTL-D2720