ItsMeMario

Original poster
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
Sorry if this is old news (I know it is)

But as I couldnt find it on assembler...and just learned about it today, while playing various 3DO games...

"Art Data", the company who did the DOOM port for the 3DO, planned to do FMVs (full motion videos) with actors for their port of DOOM.

After working on it for 2 years, they got asked to do a simple port in 10 weeks... :(

I wonder what it would have looked like...here is a glimpse of it...in 2015 Rebecca Heinemann twittered about it...see end of this post.

doom fmv art data 3do port.jpg

doom no fmv made3.jpg

doom01.png

doom02.png

doom03.png

Last edited:

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Wow that is pretty interesting. Can you imagine if they used digitized actor sprites for the characters though? Like imagine keeping the game largely the same, but having digitized actors instead of regular sprites. Kinda like how the Street Fighter the Movie game was? That might have actually worked.

ItsMeMario

Original poster
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
The CD inlcudes a FMV folder in "System\Devices". Sadly all I could find there was the standard "iamaduck" :p

doom no fmv made2.jpg

doom no fmv made.png

doom no fmv made4.jpg

Last edited:

Vervexx

Registered
Jun 16, 2019
Damn, now that's something we've got to see! I'm a big fan of FMV games for their hilarious cutscenes, a Doom game with these things would've been fantastic (maybe a bit cheesy but prehaps pretty enjoyable)!

Make a donation