Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Dreamcast game Gundam: Federation vs. Zeon Is Back Online!

Anthony817

Original poster
Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010

inada-s, a Japanese developer, has revived the game for the Dreamcast over emulators for PC. Shououma has made it work with real hardware!

What a time to be alive! People thought the Japanese online games for the Dreamcast would never be revived! Well, looks like Corona time has sped up progress and made it possible!

Yes, you guessed it right, more Japanese exclusive online games for the DC should follow!

Now, who wants to take a crack at localizing these Japanese games found under the Offline tab for English or other languages?

darcagn

Registered
May 30, 2019
dcemulation.org
AGName
darcagn
AG Join Date
May 12, 2007
Not to be too much of a downer, but most of the Japanese online Dreamcast games that people want revived aren't "possible" because they're not internet games, they're dial-in games. Just like how Saturn had dialup multiplayer where you called your friend's telephone number, except you dialed a central phone number to get on as I understand it. So we'd need something different than a DreamPi to connect to that kind of thing. I'd love to see it happen one day but unfortunately this game being done doesn't mean we're any closer to those games. Someone would need to figure out how to emulate a phone exchange...

PrOfUnD Darkness

Registered
Jul 10, 2019
AGName
PrOfUnD Darkness
AG Join Date
2004-03-13
Not to be too much of a downer, but most of the Japanese online Dreamcast games that people want revived aren't "possible" because they're not internet games, they're dial-in games. Just like how Saturn had dialup multiplayer where you called your friend's telephone number, except you dialed a central phone number to get on as I understand it. So we'd need something different than a DreamPi to connect to that kind of thing. I'd love to see it happen one day but unfortunately this game being done doesn't mean we're any closer to those games. Someone would need to figure out how to emulate a phone exchange...

You are talking about KDDI technology. I think this Gundam game uses it.

darcagn

Registered
May 30, 2019
dcemulation.org
AGName
darcagn
AG Join Date
May 12, 2007
You are talking about KDDI technology. I think this Gundam game uses it.

This game connects with regular TCP/IP connections (you dial into your LAN using a DreamPi as usual per the Dreamcast Live Connection Guide). So it can't be a KDDI game unless I have a fundamental misunderstanding of how they work.... which could be possible, haha.

Make a donation