Ioncannon

Original poster
Registered
Jun 25, 2019
AGName
Ioncannon
AG Join Date
Oct 19, 2010
Last month I was playing around with porting the engine I am writing to the Dreamcast SDK. The US docs are pretty sparse which involves you looking into the header files for more info; but the JP ones are really well written with diagrams and most important to me: definitions of the various #defines/macros. Here is some translation I've been doing using Google Translate (it's slow cause the translation degrades if you add more text).

Here is what I translated that I needed at the time (note this isn't a full translation):

Attached is the shinobi2 and kamui2 docs. You can cross reference the translation for the images referenced in it.

Some interesting things: US Shinobi makes no references to the Fibre Library which is a simple threading lib. The SDK has it though. Lot of good info on why certain funcs are called (IE: calling the global constructor function for GNU compiled code). Diagrams are great, mem map diagram helped me visualize what exactly was going on in the QuikTst sample.

Last edited:

neo

Feb 1, 2019
AGName
Mrneo240
AG Join Date
06/08/2010
Which SDK ver is this from?

Ioncannon

Original poster
Registered
Jun 25, 2019
AGName
Ioncannon
AG Join Date
Oct 19, 2010
I translated more of the Shiobi doc for my own knowledge, but only in a few areas.

Currently in the process of moving so don't even have access to my pc right now or SDK discs.

• Sad
Reactions: fafadou

Blai

Registered
Oct 2, 2020
AGName
Blai
AG Join Date
Hope it goes easy with the move

Please let us know if you make any advances with the tranlation in the future

Thanks

Make a donation