Here are some links you may find helpful

Driv3r February 2004 Preview for Xbox

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
Any details about what the differences in this version are from the retail on all 3 systems?

Reactions: pato

JackLapinoInTantino

Feb 5, 2020
AGName
JuckLipino
AG Join Date
MAY/25/2333
Except being more buggier.
The mission idea/design has changed quite a lot indeed.
some skies are also changed on some missions, some constructions are different, new/old roads, a left out Debug function, sounds are different, changed enemies, cutscenes being a bit different, slight animation changes, Cars look very HD, and much much more.

XBOX

Registered
Dec 22, 2019
Except being more buggier.
The mission idea/design has changed quite a lot indeed.
some skies are also changed on some missions, some constructions are different, new/old roads, a left out Debug function, sounds are different, changed enemies, cutscenes being a bit different, slight animation changes, Cars look very HD, and much much more.

Only cars? all architecture looks a lot better! pay attention to the details of the stadium when you start "Take A Ride" and chose Miami HS!
It's crazy but we have basicly a new Driv3r game, thats looks much better than final product! The only downside is that it's a buggy.

BIG THANKS to person who share this GEM!

Reactions: JackLapinoInTantino

JackLapinoInTantino

Feb 5, 2020
AGName
JuckLipino
AG Join Date
MAY/25/2333
Only cars? all architecture looks a lot better! pay attention to the details of the stadium when you start "Take A Ride" and chose Miami HS!
It's crazy but we have basicly a new Driv3r game, thats looks much better than final product! The only downside is that it's a buggy.

BIG THANKS to person who share this GEM!
That's what i said, Different structure, they are more beautiful.

Reactions: XBOX

pato

Original poster
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
Any details about what the differences in this version are from the retail on all 3 systems?

Well, it runs bad, lots of visual glitches and unfinished/beta in game cutscenes from what I just saw in a retail gameplay video.

I barely played this game and never caught my attention, besides it was extremely buggy.

wan5

Apr 25, 2020
AGName
wan5
AG Join Date
long ago
Holy shit, I worked (for about a month) on the QA team for this game. Brings back some memory's!

wan5

Apr 25, 2020
AGName
wan5
AG Join Date
long ago
How was it?

Chaotic. I was there a few months prior to its release a lot of time in the office. I was kinda in my element seeing all the development hardware that upto that point id never seen in the flesh. Between waiting for builds there was a lot of internet browsing and if you were working late (you were always working late) the free takeaway was always a bonus.

The builds we were playing at the time were ps2 and xbox. Id imagine similar to whats posted here. I remember the minimap having big red circles that if you went into it was almost certainly going to crash the system, even on debug kits with the extra ram.

I dont want to say it was the least stimulating job ive had, but it was certainly in the top 5.

pato

Original poster
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
Chaotic. I was there a few months prior to its release a lot of time in the office. I was kinda in my element seeing all the development hardware that upto that point id never seen in the flesh. Between waiting for builds there was a lot of internet browsing and if you were working late (you were always working late) the free takeaway was always a bonus.

The builds we were playing at the time were ps2 and xbox. Id imagine similar to whats posted here. I remember the minimap having big red circles that if you went into it was almost certainly going to crash the system, even on debug kits with the extra ram.

I dont want to say it was the least stimulating job ive had, but it was certainly in the top 5.

I can imagine, given that the final game is buggy as hell

Make a donation