Welcome to Obscure Gamers

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

OG Group Buy 2.0

OG is trying to raise money to save hundreds of discs. We need to secure a few to start which'll help us get trust from the seller. If you're able to help please check the spreadsheet on google. Thank you!

Things to Batty for you?

You can disable the halloween effects by visiting User Preferences and hitting the "Disable holiday styling" option.

DS IS-NITRO-EMULATOR and CAPTURE versions

haliway

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
Hi guys,

I just received my IS-NITRO-EMULATOR and i have some questions :

- I have a V1 (written J on it and not J2 or more) but I have a DS Lite attached to it and a 2007 development CD in the original box). I would like to know if this is normal (I really thought J2 was the version with DS Lite controller).

- EMULATOR or CAPTURE with N64 video chip only come with Phat DS, right ?

- Has anyone managed to RGB mod one EMULATOR or CAPTURE with GC chip video output ?

- What are the differences between all the CAPTURE versions (from v1 to v8 or more) ?The latest one i have seen on pictures was a J 8.

- What is the latest CAPTURE version with a Phat DS ? (as im looking for one for RGB mod) I think it´s J only (so version 1 only).

Last edited:

code1038

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
I really thought J2 was the version with DS Lite controller
: NOP - USG option = DS lite

IS-NITRO-CAPTURE work fine with S-VIDEO cable if you want :) (Nintendo use S-VIDEO on retail kiosk)

haliway

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
I do prefer RGB

kazuo

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
kzd
AG Join Date
2012-10-26
The "Heavy" captures use the N64 circuit (and require viletim's RGB board); the Lite units use the GC circuit, so the only way to get RGB is replace the encoder with a PAL encoder.

Of course, the PAL encoder would mean you (effectively) have an RGB-only unit, since you can no longer output standard NTSC signals over composite and S-Video. I think S-Video is good enough, but if you have the time and the skills to do the work, it's probably worth it. ;)

I don't know the version differences, but I suspect they aren't meaningful enough for you to spend time figuring it out.

haliway

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
The "Heavy" captures use the N64 circuit (and require viletim's RGB board)

That´s why i want to buy one of these old ones.

And thanks for the link