Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
Hi guys,

I just received my IS-NITRO-EMULATOR and i have some questions :

- I have a V1 (written J on it and not J2 or more) but I have a DS Lite attached to it and a 2007 development CD in the original box). I would like to know if this is normal (I really thought J2 was the version with DS Lite controller).

- EMULATOR or CAPTURE with N64 video chip only come with Phat DS, right ?

- Has anyone managed to RGB mod one EMULATOR or CAPTURE with GC chip video output ?

- What are the differences between all the CAPTURE versions (from v1 to v8 or more) ?The latest one i have seen on pictures was a J 8.

- What is the latest CAPTURE version with a Phat DS ? (as im looking for one for RGB mod) I think it´s J only (so version 1 only).

Last edited:

code1038

Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
code1038
eBay Username
code1038
I really thought J2 was the version with DS Lite controller
: NOP - USG option = DS lite

IS-NITRO-CAPTURE work fine with S-VIDEO cable if you want :) (Nintendo use S-VIDEO on retail kiosk)

haliway

Original poster
Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
I do prefer RGB

kazuo

Jun 20, 2019
AGName
kzd
AG Join Date
2012-10-26
The "Heavy" captures use the N64 circuit (and require viletim's RGB board); the Lite units use the GC circuit, so the only way to get RGB is replace the encoder with a PAL encoder.

Of course, the PAL encoder would mean you (effectively) have an RGB-only unit, since you can no longer output standard NTSC signals over composite and S-Video. I think S-Video is good enough, but if you have the time and the skills to do the work, it's probably worth it. ;)

I don't know the version differences, but I suspect they aren't meaningful enough for you to spend time figuring it out.

haliway

Original poster
Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
The "Heavy" captures use the N64 circuit (and require viletim's RGB board)

That´s why i want to buy one of these old ones.

And thanks for the link

Make a donation