Jackhead

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Jackhead
AG Join Date
April 3, 2008
I like to get some output from the Graphics Artist Tool (H201A). I learn that my H240 RGB cable is for H201A so i tryed getting some nice animation samples on the screen.
I never really wonder how the Artist tool work. Here i want to share more about it.
First at all since its RGB i connected the H240 to the H201A and go with the cable on a OSSC.
With the installed H201A software i know the sprite editor dont start if the H201A is not config correctly with the aboard (Address tool because ISA).
MIMew has a option to preview animation linked to the Playstation or Artist board.
But i can only use the H2500 to preview, the Artist tool is not avalible.
I checked the Tech Rev CDs i have but not really find something about setup the artist tool. Beside the dip switches on a paper with the hardware.

Anyone more information about, or an idea? Do i have to init the Artist tool like the H2500 with h25bios?

IMG_1683.JPG IMG_1684.JPG

cyberghost

Jun 27, 2019
AGName
cyberghost
AG Join Date
Feb 18, 2010
I'd never heard of the DTL-H240 cable. "RGB" so I assume SCART? Have you checked the pins with a voltmeter and compare it to the DTL-H2x00 a/v cable?

I'll soon be building new RGB cables for my DTL-H2000 and DTL-H2500 (but I'll be using BNC instead of SCART). I'd like to build some for my DTL-H201a as well but I know very little about this hardware.

Shad0w

Mar 4, 2020
AGName
Shad0w
The pinouts are the same as the H2000. I have a graphic artist board and it's completely useless. The idea was that because the H2000 was so expensive for developers, artists could use the cheaper artist board instead of the game studio buying a H2000 just for an artist to use. However, many third party tools replaced the need for the artist board and so they are pointless.

Make a donation