Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

PC Duke Nukem Forever finally leaking?

heslo

Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
Well, looks like finally after 20 odd years we're gonna get our hands on the 2001 build. Someone leaked a WHOLE bunch of pics and vids on 4chan (yeah, yeah, I know) but even Broussard tweeted saying it looks legit. Apparently they have 2 builds, the editor and source, release coming in July

ItsMeMario

Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
Werent, at least some of these, shown officially after 3DRealms got sucked into Gearbox...Embracer Group aka. THQ Nordic AB aka. THQ Nordic GmbH aka. Koch Media...when tons of screenshots of Duke and even ApPogee betas appeared on their official forum...which then turned silent again ?

I completely lost track here..

heslo

Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
Werent, at least some of these, shown officially after 3DRealms got sucked into Gearbox...Embracer Group aka. THQ Nordic AB aka. THQ Nordic GmbH aka. Koch Media...when tons of screenshots of Duke and even ApPogee betas appeared on their official forum...which then turned silent again ?

I completely lost track here..

Nah all of this is new content, never before seen

cta

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
Not only do we get to play with the Duke some more - as far as I can tell this also the first time we're seeing the complete Unreal 1 engine source code. Noice.

heslo

Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
Not only do we get to play with the Duke some more - as far as I can tell this also the first time we're seeing the complete Unreal 1 engine source code. Noice.
Correct!

Druid II

Registered
Jun 5, 2019
Would be nice if someone could use it to remake the 2001 trailer but in HD, instead of just the low-res super compressed bink video. Stranger things were remade in HD (like the 2005/6 sony e3 conference with the 599 us dollars and riiiidge racer).

Is the music in some usable format in this? The stripper stage music has been bugging me ever since that trailer.

Reactions: ItsMeMario

cta

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
Gameplay wise there's barely anything there tbh. To give you a rough idea - take what you saw in the trailer (and really only what you actually saw, i.e. do not assume there's a full level just because they showed a single scene), multiply that by three or four and there you go. Then there's a couple very basic test levels for showing colored/dynamic lighting and such.

I watched a couple walkthroughs on YT, most of which came in at around half an hour each while covering pretty much everything (unless there's other stuff that somehow all of them missed). Plus another one showing off all the weapons.

Last edited:

DeltaSixFive

Donator
Donator
Jul 21, 2019
Donations
£42.22
Seeing all of this content is really surreal, some people have even managed to use the editor to get maps running in the 2011 build, over time we should be seeing a big jump on DNF2011 modding and people actually now attempting to salvage what was leaked to make a more complete build.

Reactions: Hazard and okhi

okhi

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 22, 2022
AG Join Date
Seeing all of this content is really surreal, some people have even managed to use the editor to get maps running in the 2011 build, over time we should be seeing a big jump on DNF2011 modding and people actually now attempting to salvage what was leaked to make a more complete build.

I've been following the DNF2001 research since it leaked, but haven't seen anything on this... that sounds incredible! I've seen models ported backwards to the older engine, but not forward. Do you have any videos of it?

heslo

Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
Gameplay wise there's barely anything there tbh. To give you a rough idea - take what you saw in the trailer (and really only what you actually saw, i.e. do not assume there's a full level just because they showed a single scene), multiply that by three or four and there you go. Then there's a couple very basic test levels for showing colored/dynamic lighting and such.

I watched a couple walkthroughs on YT, most of which came in at around half an hour each while covering pretty much everything (unless there's other stuff that somehow all of them missed). Plus another one showing off all the weapons.
There's an absolute BUNCH of maps and actually a lot of content in the build; just gotta go looking

I for one am extremely happy it leaked, a holy grail of collecting for me and it's finally out for everyone to play with. I'd say this will encourage future leaks too as the 2002 build was apparently pretty close to being complete, that's the one to have

Reactions: Hazard

kbennett

May 30, 2020
I remember from the time they first showed that trailer, from the 2001 version. It was surreal. I was instantly hooked and wanted so much that it would it would be released soon. Is there any truth about a almost final 2001 version out there or not? Either way, I'm glad to be able to play it after so long, even in it's unfinished form.

Antviau

Registered
May 17, 2020
AGName
Antviau
Well, looks like finally after 20 odd years we're gonna get our hands on the 2001 build. Someone leaked a WHOLE bunch of pics and vids on 4chan (yeah, yeah, I know) but even Broussard tweeted saying it looks legit. Apparently they have 2 builds, the editor and source, release coming in July

I'll check it out if I can find it

Antviau

Registered
May 17, 2020
AGName
Antviau

If you want it's on archive.org, won't give the link as it is against the website's rules.

Make a donation